Author Topic: New Eduard SSW DIII  (Read 9821 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: New Eduard SSW DIII
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2014, 10:34:03 PM »
A bit harsh , that's the only thing they can be used for Tony  ;)

Guy's , I highly recommend Aviattic 45 degree sheets for this kit or any other kit , they are awesome !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ermeio

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2014, 06:32:07 AM »
Windsocks advises 5 color lozenges.
As we sure that they are not four color lozenges? The more I try to count colors on the (poor) photos the more I do not find the fifth color, but t may bethat my eyes are blinkink, with so many releases...

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »
Has anyone tried the Karaya engine to see if it fits? Someday I'm going to measure the dimensions of all the aftermarket engines and post a list for easy reference. I have yet to find one that will fit in any unaltered kit engine compartment/cowl.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2014, 02:43:01 PM »
the verdict is in on the karaya engine. does not fit as is. the kit engine is much smaller than the karaya engine which will not fit in the new eduard cowl. can you thin the cowl to the point where it would fit? probably but lot of work ahead. then theres that engine mount cross piece that fits in the cowl to contend with. i'm thinking i will have to give in and buy the brassin engine. i will however use guitar string for pushrods as the pe ones will look flat i think. eduard got me on this one. i got the kit then saw the oversimplified guns and engine and i have decided to just get the brassin parts. im also getting the fabric belts so this is going to be a costly 1/48 kit once i factor in aviattic lozenge.oh well we got a new tool 1/48 kit which is pretty nice.

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2014, 11:00:43 PM »
Thanks for the update. Now, what to do with my Karaya engines. I may have to pick up the Brassin stuff too.

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2014, 12:37:32 AM »
i got the kit then saw the oversimplified guns and engine and i have decided to just get the brassin parts.

Do not buy brassin spandaus. I've got this, and in my opinion it's some king of joke :/ there's only a part of etched coolers, rest is FULL in resin. Better idea is a using of the OLDEST Eduard set for Spandaus (new ones are inaccurate), or coolers from old SSW.

From the other hand brassin SH engine is really good! Strange...

Offline radio

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2014, 02:36:17 AM »
What is about your German guns in 1:48?
Martin

Offline Berman

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2014, 08:52:15 AM »
For those who want to detail the Siemens Schuckert, I will make available just the B.E.A.M common Fokker D.VII large photoetch sheet. This contains fretted machine gun jackets, three types of gunsights, cocking mechanisms, cocking handles, seatbelts, shoulder harness, separate seatbelt anad shoulder harness buckles & and attachments if you choose to use masking tape for the belt material, anemometer, mirror & bracket, multi piece throttle quadrant, laminated control horns that are upper and lower one piece for slotting into the control surface instead of just spot cementing tiny triangles, various grommets, interior turnbuckles, and a few other interior parts. $8 USD including postage worldwide. Contact me at [email protected]     Thanks, Barry
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:01:23 AM by berman »

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2014, 09:25:09 AM »
What is about your German guns in 1:48?
Martin

My ones were a early IMG 08, not IMG08/15...

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2014, 03:18:01 PM »
i did notice the way that eduard did not extend the cooling jacket all the way.pretty lame but probably done to mae em easy to build. i think i will use other pe jackets and graft them on. the gun housings themselves look quite good offering both type cocking mechanisms and such.

Offline davecww1

« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2014, 01:43:47 AM »
Of course the Eduard decals have a good use, they will make excellent templates to lay over the Aviattic lozenge to cut the correct shape!
Dave

i have to say i will be using aviattic on mine, that said even though i dont have the kit yet it seems from looking at photos they did try somewhat to do better on the lozenge. anyone who has old eduard kits like the hannover, fokker d.vi etc that stuff was horrid. it seemed like 5 color got somewhat better in the albatros dr.1 kit reminding me of the stuff that comes in special hobby pfalz d.xii kits. then it got way worse when they did the fokker d.vii dual combos.included in the forementioned d.vii kits, the 4 color, although the colors were in the wrong places, was not too too terrible but the 5 color although having a 5 color pattern the colors were taken from the 4 color palette which looks really really wrong. this new stuff in the siemens kit although the colors seem off they seem better than the  fokker d.vii 5 color and it also looks like they tryed to give a faded effect ala aviattic or wood and wire. no fabric texture mind you, but it looks as though they tryed. and from what ive read its extremely hard to get realistic accurate colors on such a screen printed decal especially if you dont do 10 years of research like richard did collecting actual samples etc. oh well moot point as i wont be using them.just my 2 cents

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2015, 12:38:10 PM »
Just saw in the Eduard flyer that they are releasing a "Weekend Edition" of the SSW D.III in April. Wonder if they will have new lozenge?

Mike

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
doubt it ,weekend editions usually have very minimal decals. they usually find a scheme that dose not use it. on the fokker d.vii they did the all white d.viif and on the e.v they did that bumblebee looking scheme. i bet they do a swiss one in all silver or black with red crosses.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .