Author Topic: What's your work space look like?  (Read 15948 times)

Offline michael

Re: What's your work space look like?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 05:15:39 AM »
my workstation aka the kitchen table  ;)
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »
Nice set up Paddy, the natural light is something I wish I had.

Steve

Thanks Steve. There is another big double window just to the left of the workbench also. That's where my squadron mates love to sleep in the sun.  :)

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 01:02:58 AM »
Good set up and the in action even looks fairly organized...along with the big cup o Tims!!!!

Steve

Only a fellow Canuck would have noticed the cup..................it's the "Canadian way".
Cheers,
Lance

Lance,
Not quite so my old friend someone Married to a Canadian would notice too. Great coffee by the way ,always our first stop when going home again. As a side note both my wife Cheryl and I gratuated High School in Calgary way back two days after the dawn of time.
Highest Regards Eh,
Gregory Jouette

Greg,
   Ah, Calgary you say. I'm trying to convince my "Good Wife" that we need to move to that area if for no other reason then a warmer climate. Despite Global Warming we still get regular bouts of -40 or colder here and Winter basically runs for 5-6 months.
I initially thought the movie titled "No Country for Old Men" was about my life in Cold Lake, silly me!
   So how does a Guy from "God's Country" on the Eastern seaboard have a Highschool Grad in Calgary Alberta in his past??
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 02:04:13 AM »
Greg,
   Ah, Calgary you say. I'm trying to convince my "Good Wife" that we need to move to that area if for no other reason then a warmer climate. Despite Global Warming we still get regular bouts of -40 or colder here and Winter basically runs for 5-6 months.
I initially thought the movie titled "No Country for Old Men" was about my life in Cold Lake, silly me!
   So how does a Guy from "God's Country" on the Eastern seaboard have a Highschool Grad in Calgary Alberta in his past??
Cheers,
Lance

Lance,
Heck I've lived all over the world my friend. First as a Navy brat then later as a Mobil Pipeline brat. My Dad was transferred to Mobil Oil Canada in the early 70's to Calgary. That's how I got my H/S Grad in Calgary and more importantly met my future wife. I left Calgary shortly after grad and headed South back to Texas for my Freshman year at the University Of Texas in Austin. The rest is history as they say.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 07:06:42 AM »
Greg,
   Good choice in upbringing; I too grew up a Navy Brat. A military calling was never in doubt and, as you say, the rest was history.(My Father, however, never did understand nor forgive my decision to go Airforce.) Small world, if you havn't been back Calgary"s size and development would no doubt shock you.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:32 AM »
I'm the same as Chris, I keep all my bits and bobs in the study, then I move to the kitchen worktop for doing all my work.

Cheers

Pete.

Having seen the quality of builds that come off of your kitchen worktop Pete, I'd say it's been no hindrance to you!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »
Greg,
   Good choice in upbringing; I too grew up a Navy Brat. A military calling was never in doubt and, as you say, the rest was history.(My Father, however, never did understand nor forgive my decision to go Airforce.) Small world, if you havn't been back Calgary"s size and development would no doubt shock you.
Cheers,
Lance

Lance,
We travel up to Calgary yearly and Cheryl was up there serveral times a year solo untill her Father's passing this winter.  We likely won't be back as often now,but with family in Edmonton and Fort McMurry we'll certainly go back again. Your 100% correct if I hadn't been back to Calgary regularly I certainly would be shocked. I seem to remember Calgary only have a population of 450,000 in the 70's jeez must've better than doubled by now.
Highest Regards
Fellow Navy Brat
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »
Greg,
Sorry to hear of your Father in Law's passing. If you are planning a trip to Edmonton or close by I'd be honored to buy you a coffee (Or a good "dram") as I travel there often and always look for an excuse to get to the LHS. I'm hoping to make it down on the 01 June for an IPMS Show, if only to "look".
All the Best,
Lance

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
I'm the same as Chris, I keep all my bits and bobs in the study, then I move to the kitchen worktop for doing all my work.

Cheers

Pete.

Having seen the quality of builds that come off of your kitchen worktop Pete, I'd say it's been no hindrance to you!

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris, I just hope to continue and improve.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »
Mine is the study/library, here shown in a atmospheric light, lol

Regards :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 12:27:17 AM »
I travel there often (Edmonton) and always look for an excuse to get to the LHS.

It sounds as though you're in the same position as I am Lance. Having to internet shop for just about everything hobby related.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »
Mine is the study/library, here shown in a atmospheric light, lol

Regards :)
Had to study that one for a while, David, just to figure out where I was, exactly.  I'm a little slow.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 11:42:36 AM »
I travel there often (Edmonton) and always look for an excuse to get to the LHS.

It sounds as though you're in the same position as I am Lance. Having to internet shop for just about everything hobby related.

Cheers,

Chris

I think it's about the same all over Chris, with the variety and cost of the Hobby's stuff from kits to the rest no one but the big warehouse type operations can afford a decent inventory, thus the I'net shopping which seems the normal. I find that when I get to Edmonton I still have to hit at least two of the shops to fill my list; even paints can be a problem. The best stocks I've seen were in Ontario, Ottawa to be exact. We visit usually once per year and hitting the LHS's is the hilite for me. I'm resisting my Wife's desire to move east, she has family there and it's a touchy topic to say the least. A battle I'll probably lose; know any good shops in the NOTL/St. Catherines area!?! :-\ :(
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
I'm resisting my Wife's desire to move east, she has family there and it's a touchy topic to say the least. A battle I'll probably lose; know any good shops in the NOTL/St. Catherines area!?! :-\ :(
Cheers,
Lance

Sounds as though you might as well start packing boxes now.  ;D  When you make the move, maybe we'll hook up at a Tim's in St. Catharines as I have a sister living there.

Sorry, but I don't know of any shops down that way but I think NOTL is probably too upscale for a hobby shop. I'm east of Oshawa in the village of Newcastle. I do have one excellent shop nearby in Whitby but he only stocks a few biplanes from Eduard and Hobbycraft. Amazingly enough, in addition to a good selection of paint, he has an outstanding selection of AFV kits. The best I've seen in my humble opinion. Naturally, I only discovered the shop after I became enamoured with aeroplanes.

Cheers,

Chris

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »
Chris,
    I'm not packing yet, still a faint hope as I'm a happy "Big Sky Country" kind of guy however further south is better. NOTL is pretty to visit, a little too upscale for my tastes as well though. At this (the "Golden Years" stage of my life) I could live anywhere I suppose as the work bench is where I'll be spending more time and location isn't a big factor in that regard. It would be nice to have a decent Hobby Shop closer then 3+ hours driving though!
   Anyhow, hold that Tim's thought, coffee and comparing model notes would be grand. We won't be travelling east this year as our "Princess" is getting married in the Fall and the expected budget is just slightly less then Will and Kate's affair.......I've been known to drive 100 miles to have coffee with an old "Dog Cop" Buddy in the past. Nothing personal or profiling but Tim's of course for the donuts.  ;)  Come to think of it, I bought the coffees. (again!)
Cheers,
Lance :)