Author Topic: The ups and downs of life  (Read 5145 times)

Offline Nigel Jackson

The ups and downs of life
« on: April 12, 2014, 06:46:28 AM »
Goodness me, a day we could have done without.

Here in France My wife Ena and I were invited to join the école primaire on their annual seaside residential this week. All went brilliantly until this morning, (although I had virtually no internet access to keep on top of my work) when Ena slipped on some pine needles on some wooden steps on a path near the sea. The outcome? A broken and dislocated ankle - which we now know to be fractured in three places. So today has been spent in two hospitals, one at Limoges, and they are operating on Ena tonight.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: The ups and downs of life
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:10:22 AM »
I'm very sorry to read of Ena's mishap, Nigel.  Pleased pass on to her my wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:37:29 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear of what happened to Ena, an unfortunate accident but still a very painful accident all the same. Please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope she is not in too much discomfort.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

mike in calif

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:25:20 AM »
My best wishes as well for a complete, and speedy recovery. Perhaps a decent bottle of the local beverage may help?

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 09:07:59 AM »
Nigel,
    I'm very sorry to hear of your Wife's accident. Take care of her (and yourself); my best wishes for a successful operation and a speedy recovery to Ena.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
Ouch! Here's hoping your wife is up and around very soon.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »
Sorry to hear of your wifes accident. MUst have been quite painful from the sound of your description. My best wishes for a speedy recovery!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »
That sucks! I hope she's an avid quilter or is fond of reading, or the layup period is going to be one long, long stretch!

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 12:34:20 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear of your Wife's injury, Nigel.  Please accept my wishes
for her speedy a recovery as possible.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 05:24:08 PM »
Sorry to hear of her accident. That sounds really painful. Please pass on my wishes for a speedy recovery.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 05:31:47 PM »
Hello Nigel,

So sorry to hear of your Wife's accident Nigel. I wish her all the luck with the operation and a very quick recovery. Courage my friend.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:44 PM »
Dear Bud, Des, Mike, Lance, RAGIII, Lindsey, Ernie, Ken and Patrick

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts. I've just got back from the hospital. Ena was operated on very late last night. It proved a complicated op. and they were unable to pin the bits on the inside of the foot/ankle. Instead there's a hefty bit of kit on the outside keeping things together. Ena was overwhelmed at your kindness and has insisted on the following message.

Hello
I know that Nigel really loves this forum and he is always telling me about it! In fact I  even recognise some of the names now. When he showed me the messages here I was so overwhelmed. Your kindness affirms all the things Nigel has told me. I'll be out of action for some time. With all of his university work already making it impossible for any real building, this won't help. But he tells me that a BE Datafile has arrived and that something new is on the way from NZ. I did know honestly.

Thank you
Ena
xx
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:19:02 PM by Nigel Jackson »

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 02:35:39 AM »
Nigel may I add my hopes for your wife's speedy recovery. That sounds a really horrible accident and as others have said it will sadly be a long recovery period, but i do hope that all will mend properly in time and that she will be able to resume a normal and hopefully active life again as soon as possible.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 07:36:31 AM »
Thank you so much LM. The kindness shown by you and others on this great forum has been moving and very much appreciated.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »
Hello, Nigel and Ena,

Please accept our best wishes for a speedy recovery and a return to normal life. I know from experience how an injury of this nature can be most difficult. Get well soon!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."