Author Topic: My first WNW build: Sopwith Triplane  (Read 40641 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: My first WNW build: Sopwith Triplane
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »
Welcome to the club, Bud! Enjoy it and bring us enjoyment showing your progress!
Thanks, Prez!  I'll do my best.
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:55:41 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »
Building a Wingnuts kit so as to maintain marital bliss.  What world do you live in, Bud?
May have been an exaggeration, Eric.  I haven't touched the last 3 she bought me and we're still happily married, so I doubt that this one would change anything, but who knows.  At the very least, she may have stopped buying kits for me. ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »
A nice begin Bud. I will you watch.
I hope sometime the same Quality came to scale 1:48.
Martin
Maybe Eduard will do a retool of their old kit.  After all, they're going to redo the SSW and I think the Tripe is a more popular kit.
We can only hope.  In the meantime, I'm going to use this kit as a model to upgrade one of my Eduard kits.  Should be fun.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 09:21:48 AM »
   You may be playing with fire here Bud......once you go WNW you may never go back..........! I'm looking forward to following along as you apply your considerable skills to this magnificent Kit. Mind the paint on the joins....... ::)
Cheers,
Lance
Thanks, Lance.  That's exactly what I've been afraid of.  With over 200 1/48 scale kits in the stash...well, I shudder at the thought.  And thanks for the reminder re joins.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »
Good luck with the build, Bud. I've yet to do my first WnW build as well, but I've now told the university that I'll be retiring at the end of this academic year, so I hope I can get cracking then.

Best wishes
Nigel
Thanks, Nigel, and congratulations on your retirement!  It'll make a world of difference in you modeling productivity.  It sure has for me.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 12:24:08 PM »
Bud,
I am a little late here but Welcome to the Dark Side! I am really looking forward to seeing your excellent Modeling skills enhance this already beautiful kit! The dimensions may be about the same length and span as your 2 seaters in 1/48th but you must have noticed the height difference  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline mgunns

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 12:37:39 PM »
HI Bud:

Good Choice:  As you probably know, one of the Marine Corps 14 Leadership traits is decisiveness.   ;)  Looking forward to seeing you work your way through this build either Blymp or Maud, I know it will be a top notch build.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »
  My lovely bride gave this one to me this past Christmas.  It's the fourth WNW kit she's given me, so I reckoned I'd better build one to maintain marital bliss. 

That, along with the beer logic of "the more you buy, the more you save" is exactly the kind of sage wisdom that a man is wise to pick up on if he wants to make it in this life. Please, carry on...

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
Hmm some other options ...

Damp Mud (for the boy wot in th' trenches) oops two "d"s won't work
Mud Lamp
Bud Lymp (with two bath tubs maybe??)
My Lamb (awwww)
Mumpy Lad
Plum Mad
Dump My Lab (kind of a Breaking Bad thing)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:13:22 PM by Bo Monroe »

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »
Hello Bud,

I'm looking forward to see you this Tripe develop. With your outstanding skills I think it will be a beauty, one for the first row in the gallery. Good luck with the build my friend!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 03:01:06 AM »
Bud,
I am a little late here but Welcome to the Dark Side! I am really looking forward to seeing your excellent Modeling skills enhance this already beautiful kit! The dimensions may be about the same length and span as your 2 seaters in 1/48th but you must have noticed the height difference  ::)
RAGIII
Thanks, Amigo!  Yes, I did notice the height difference.  Gave me a nose bleed.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 03:27:31 AM »
HI Bud:

Good Choice:  As you probably know, one of the Marine Corps 14 Leadership traits is decisiveness.   ;)  Looking forward to seeing you work your way through this build either Blymp or Maud, I know it will be a top notch build.

Best

Mark
Thanks, Mark!  Aye aye, Master Gunnery Sergeant!  I will be decisive in my actions once I've assessed the situation and have adapted my tactics accordingly. ;)
Hoorah!
Bud
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:50:59 AM by coyotemagic »

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 02:53:16 AM »
Hmm some other options ...

Damp Mud (for the boy wot in th' trenches) oops two "d"s won't work
Mud Lamp
Bud Lymp (with two bath tubs maybe??)
My Lamb (awwww)
Mumpy Lad
Plum Mad
Dump My Lab (kind of a Breaking Bad thing)
I think I like 'Plum Mad' the best.  Seems to apply.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 02:56:04 AM »
  My lovely bride gave this one to me this past Christmas.  It's the fourth WNW kit she's given me, so I reckoned I'd better build one to maintain marital bliss. 

That, along with the beer logic of "the more you buy, the more you save" is exactly the kind of sage wisdom that a man is wise to pick up on if he wants to make it in this life. Please, carry on...
The more you buy, the more you save!  Yeah!  I like that one.  I'll have to tell her that shipping is cheaper if you buy multiples.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 02:57:03 AM »
Hello Bud,

I'm looking forward to see you this Tripe develop. With your outstanding skills I think it will be a beauty, one for the first row in the gallery. Good luck with the build my friend!

Kind regards
Patrick
Thanks, Patrick!  As always, it's great to have you along for the ride.
Cheers,
Bud