Author Topic: 1/72 DH-2 HELP PLEASE  (Read 4082 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: 1/72 DH-2 HELP PLEASE
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
You persevered and got it done. As mentioned send a pic or two. How do you heat tighten your rigging? I light a toothpick, blow it out and use the glowing ember and slowly move it toward the stretched sprue. Gives a nice control to the process.

Steve

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
I used a blown match to tighten. Perhaps my depth perseption went wonky rigging the thing. I'm working long hours this week, but I will try and get a pick up soon. Out of 8 or 10 little builds so far maybe 2 look decent. I need to get them posted warts and all to show everyone.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 10:38:31 AM »
For my rigging I use an incense stick: not too much heat, and you can gauge where the heat is going by watching the smoke. And the modelling space smells so NICE!! ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline lavochkin

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 01:59:59 AM »
The only thing is you need to find a sufficiently rigid but thin bit of transparent plastic to do the job.

How about a CD case, the front clear part, of couse?

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 04:36:52 AM »
For my rigging I use an incense stick: not too much heat, and you can gauge where the heat is going by watching the smoke. And the modelling space smells so NICE!! ;D

You old hippie!! (I do the same....)
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 08:14:17 PM »
The only thing is you need to find a sufficiently rigid but thin bit of transparent plastic to do the job.

How about a CD case, the front clear part, of couse?

I am thinking the lid of the container from my local Thai takeaway (actually not quite so local - the local fell down in the earthquake). Of course a fresh lid will be needed for each model, and maybe some practice meals, oop, models!

Offline IanB

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »
For my builds (all 1:72) I drill and thread the rigging. I have quite a few pushers in the stash (including the Eduard DH-2) and so far my plan is to use plastic stock rod for the tail booms and drill as before. Maybe even square section rod, drill, then sand to what will pass for round...I expect a bit of trial and error before I find a method that works.  I used quite a few drill bits on my Bleriot and will probably use quite a few more on these pushers....one thing I do know, I won't be using the brass rod supplied with some of these kits (eg Pegasus Vickers Gunbus).

Ian