Author Topic: WNW Pfalz DIIIa - Unknown MFJ  (Read 15495 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: WNW Pfalz DIIIa - Unknown MFJ
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
Looking good Lance!

guitarlute101

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »

Very nice progress Lance!

Mark

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »
Good stuff, Lance.  Your cockpit looks great, especially the floor woodgrain which I
think is exceptional.  The HGW seatbelts are really the business.  Great job on the
dampening springs. 

Cheers,
Ernie :)

The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »
Hello Lance,

As usual your interior is magnificent. The woodwork is amazing. Love your seat and cushion. This is goining to be some build to follow! Great modeling Lance. Admire your work!

Kind regards my friend
Patrick

Offline Vladimir Ziska

• Nordland Models
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 08:29:26 PM »
Hi Lance,

excellent details, very nice wood, seat belts springs etc.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 10:29:43 PM »
Great stuff, Lance! Keep going!!

VB   ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline mgunns

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
Looking good so far Lance:

As the others have said, the wood grain on the floor and other details is nicely done and looks convincing.  The seat belts are truly outstanding.  I like the HGW seat belts, but as you say, take a bit of time.  The dampening springs are a nice touch as well.  Looking forward to more.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 03:37:31 AM »
Brilliant work on the cockpit, Lance!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 11:57:35 AM »
Great work, Lance, that interior is top notch.  That's a very interesting scheme  that you chose, too.

The nice thing about the harness springs is that once you close up the fuselage, you can only see a tiny bit of the back springs- and only if you look hard.  Make a couple of spares, too- occasionally one makes a bid to escape.

Cheers, mate.

Dal.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »
Brilliant work on the cockpit, Lance!
Cheers,
Bud

I agree with my Amigo plus!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 02:49:23 AM »
   A little more progress as the cockpit and now engine are all but complete. The seat and belts went in nicely, the shoulder harness portion has been left loose as it will be displayed draped down the left side of the fuselage when the model is completed.

The harness dampening springs installed; they'll unfortunately be all but invisible once the fuselage is closed.

The final additions to the cockpit were the two hand pumps and the "scratched" aux. throttle and mixture advance lever.

The engine is only detailed on the top end as most will be invisible with the cowlings in place. The Taurus DIIIa upgrade set valve springs and also their intake manifold nuts were added, lovely detail on these products. The plugs are some RB Motion ones I had as spares, I want to save the Taurus Products for a Build where they'll be visible.

With the panels in place and exhaust manifold added very little engine detail is visible. (all "posed" for now)

Last, a half day of shaving and sanding got the frame and assemblies (and harness tie down points!) to the stage where the fuselage halves and bottom wing dry fitted quite nicely. In particular the bottom "box frame" base for the cockpit had to be reduced considerably to allow the lower wing to fit into the fuselage.

I'll now be moving my efforts to the wings and empennage applying lozenge, installing eyelets, and pinning the control surfaces. This will be my first exposure to the Wood & Wire Lozenge, and I'm really looking forward to some "playtime" with the stuff!
Cheers,
Lance
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:55:24 AM by lcarroll »

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 03:33:38 AM »
Beautiful work, Lance.  The engine looks amazing.  The Taurus Valve springs and
other goodies add so much to an already great engine.  I am really enjoying tagging
along with your superb build.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 04:12:35 AM »
Hello Lance. I'm with Ernie on this one. You skills and attention to detail are surely an example to us all.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 04:51:22 AM »
Yes Lance trully amazing what you have accomplished with the interior and the engine. Looking forward to the next update.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »
Ernie, Nigel, and Patrick, (and all of you that commented last week)

Thanks for the kind words, as always very encouraging. I thought my engine top portion looked pretty good until I looked at Szymon's DVII earlier today; now that's skill and attention to detail! That's what I really enjoy about this Forum; every time you think you've seen it all someone else raises the bar even further! It's all great incentive to keep trying to improve and there's so much available to learn from the skilled Modellers here.
    Since posting earlier today I've closed up the fuselage and attached the lower wing. The wings have been given a coat of gloss off-white in preparation for the lozenge decals and there's a minimal amount of filler/putty on the lower fuselage seams. She'll be drying overnight, then it's sanding for a few hours and hopefully a start on the lozenge.

Cheers,
Lance