Author Topic: Omega Models MB bis in 1:32 scale  (Read 14725 times)

Offline stefanbuss

Re: Omega Models MB bis in 1:32 scale
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2013, 07:14:45 PM »
So you managed to finish that one. Well done. Maybe it's a good idea to work  on something from WNW once more, as a kind of reward?

Stefan

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2013, 07:16:37 PM »
Well, Des. It is different than a couple of your masterpiece scratch-built projects. But it is absolutely worthy to be proud of. So, please, be proud of it. It is a piece of very very fine modelling. I like it very much, every aspect of it.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Zabu

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2013, 08:47:58 AM »
It turned out great... you should be proud of it and of what you did to the model.

Probably many modelers that build this model or left it as it was... or they trashed it. Like IanB said above, i bet that it's the best 1/32 MB out there.

Imho the model looks great... you don't know how to do it for less. I wish i had half of your skills.

Congrats for it.

Cheers

Online RAGIII

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
des,
Just catching up on your build! You have done your usual Magnificent work even if you don't think so !! I wish I could get results like you from a WNW kit, let alone this very difficult, poorly cast resin !
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gcn

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2013, 11:54:31 PM »
You did an excellent job with the parts you were given but for the the amount of money they're charging for their products Omega need to have a look at themselves.

Offline Andi Little

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2013, 12:56:15 AM »
I'll pretty much  go along with everything that's being said Des' - you are being far too hard on yourself. With what you were supplied I think you have performed some kind of magic trick [care to show me how it's done  ???].

Well done bloke ... applause from this corner of the World.
KBO ............. Andi.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2013, 06:28:38 AM »
Thanks very much guys for your overly kind comments on my little monster of a kit. Sitting in amongst my other 1:32 scale WW1 aircraft models it looks rather small, but I have to admit that it does fit in. As a few of you have said, I didn't have much to start with, just mainly the basics to give the general shape of the aeroplane, the rest had to be hand made, and a lot of the parts where tossed and replaced with scratch built items, but like GCN said, for the amount of money they're are charging for their products Omega need to have a look at themselves.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2013, 10:26:52 PM »
Hi Des

This is just another beautiful piece of work and I really enjoyed the build log -  I like the additional photo content in recent builds.

I have just one question. In making your own decals you mention using  either white or clear  inkjet decal paper. Can you tell me whose paper you use ?

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2013, 07:10:22 PM »
Thanks Nigel for your comments regarding my build. The decal paper I use is from a local copier company I found on the net, he supplies pretty good paper at a fair price, and he is close by.

It's in Australia but here is the web address  www.thecopiercompany.com.au

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com