Author Topic: Omega Models MB bis in 1:32 scale  (Read 14881 times)

Offline Jacek

Re: Omega Models MB bis in 1:32 scale
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 10:59:24 PM »
Already looks beautiful, too bad that him does not end  :'(

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 04:34:07 AM »
Des,
   Easy for me to say however this demon is no match for your modelling skills. Treat it as essentially a Scratch Built Project and you'll produce another stellar result. As an old flying Buddy of mine used to say, "just take raw courage into your heart and keep the throttle firmly in your 12 o'clock"!
   Looking forward to watching as you wrestle this beast to the ground.
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2013, 05:51:03 AM »

It would be a shame to waste all that lovely work so far Des, looks good from the photo's.. But I kinda agree - if you're not enjoying it..

It's meant to be fun after all..  :P

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 06:32:36 AM »
Thanks guys for all your supportive words, I will battle on with this nightmare kit and see if I can turn something out that will ressemble a Mosca MB Bis.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Zabu

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 08:09:19 AM »
Thanks guys for all your supportive words, I will battle on with this nightmare kit and see if I can turn something out that will ressemble a Mosca MB Bis.

Des.

That's the spirit. Battle on!

Cheers

Offline IvotB

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Yesss! [thumbs up]

regards,
Ivo

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
  Des,
To quote an old Texas saying "Ain't No Step for a Stepper" . In other word nothing you can't over come my old friend. " Keep Calm and Carry On".
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 02:19:47 PM »
i say if it is really not fun then put it aside and if you want you can come back to it some day. unless you feel you are enjoying it a bit albeit the frustration in the fit problems. i have a couple omega kits. they are similar in quality to a copper state kit or a hr models kit. so this means it is mostly a scratchbuild. only some of the parts are useable, usually the main parts, everything small or requireing detail must be modified or scratch built. to be honest on a couple of my csm kits there isnt enuff useable to even warrant the purchase of the kit. the only thing good is some of the photo etch. this is like my csm lohner. just flat not worth the effort. my csm aeg civ is almost as bad one half the top wing is good the other is double thickness "as in" the mold was misaligned so too much resin overbulged the thing giving me an unuseable part. then you have hr models who gives you eduard seats, guns, and other detail parts poorly cast in misaligned molds. fortunately there are some companies like spin and planet models which are a notch up and the cream of the crop karaya who makes resin kits that are the quality of a nice injected kit. this is why i thought maybe if i decided to start some resin production i would do just the main parts, fuselage,wings ,tail feathers etc. then charge a fair price and let guys do what they are already doin ,source am parts or spare bin parts for the rest.what can you do? youve got 3 choices.trash it,sideline it or build it.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
Spending a large sum of money (equal to two WnW kits) and ending up with a heap of rubbish is disappointing, but never say die is the motto.

This is a trial fit of the wings, no glue, just sitting in position. I have also decided to use the white-ish tyres on the wheels. I utilized the kit supplied engine, it is very basic and very light on detail but it scrubbed up okay, a lick of paint made it look better. The propeller is the kit prop, I will be using a laminated wood propeller from Doug Craner.

Des.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »
Well done Justin, your number of useable parts are growing slowly, it appears that my two wings are keepers, they seem to fit okay but boy, talk about thin. This is one of those kits where all I want to do is to get it finished and move on to a decent kit.

Des.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2013, 12:23:26 AM »
She really looks grand, Des!  The wheels are a great addition.  ;D  You're doing a fine job here, but I'll bet the aggravation makes you really appreciate mainstream kits, huh?   ;)

Cheers,

Bob

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2013, 02:56:38 AM »
After you worked your magic Des, it's looking very much like an aeroplane.
Your perseverance is admirable, my friend!  Despite all the aggravation and
turmoil, to me it is really a pleasing looking model, although I gladly leave
the building to you.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2013, 04:24:48 AM »
Hello Des,

I hope you are pleased you didn't give up. I certainly am. I think you could even make a beautiful plane out of a shoe-box. The plane is looking great and I look forward to see your next pictures.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »
Man, Des!  How did I miss all your progress?  You've done a remarkable job on this really crude kit.  I think Patrick summed it up perfectly.  You can take anything and turn it into a world class model.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline mc65

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2013, 07:53:23 AM »
fine job, des!
don't give up, it'growing lovely!!http://