Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 356484 times)

Offline eclarson

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #2205 on: August 20, 2020, 07:50:14 AM »
In spite of UPS's effort to destroy it, my Meng Dr.1 arrived intact!   Even with the beating it took, the kit is in perfect condition including the delicate center wing.

Mine was shipped UPS SurePost and after examining the label(s) determined the damage was most likely done by UPS before handing it off to the USPS.
I give kudos to my local USPS as they made sure it got to me even though much of the tracking label was destroyed.   :)

Got to say it's a great little kit!  And as far as I'm concerned, the instruction booklet is just fine.  Every bit as good as most other non-WNW kits.  It will serve its purpose which is to get the kit built.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2206 on: August 20, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »
Awesome News. I am really looking forward to receiving mine. Too bad you sat on yours  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2207 on: August 20, 2020, 11:14:29 PM »
Awesome News. I am really looking forward to receiving mine. Too bad you sat on yours  ::)
RAGIII

I guess the driver wasn't tall enough to see and needed a boost , glad that nothing was damaged  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Gene K

« Reply #2208 on: August 21, 2020, 12:32:04 AM »
Mine was shipped UPS SurePost ... .

Looks like the USPS Trained Elephant missed his mark somewhat, so glad your kit was intact!!

"SurePost" in my experience is "SureIsSlowPost", with USPS adding three to five days after the handoff from UPS.

My package from Sprue Brothers was timely and perfect, thanks goodness.

Gene K

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #2209 on: September 03, 2020, 03:11:43 AM »
Ooooh!

The Dreidekker survived the 'flight'..

As far as I can see this is a very nice kit. It feels very WNW's except for the Boxart  :(

Kent

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2210 on: September 05, 2020, 03:49:13 AM »
A few items showed up in Today's mail . Guns for the Pfalz Dr.1 and items for my next 32 scale build .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #2211 on: November 22, 2020, 05:44:52 AM »
After nearly a year I took a 30 mile (!) trip to my LHS to just check it out and buy some paint... I saw this on the shelf at a really reasonable (for South Africa) price so I nailed it.. But couldn't help myself from starting to chop, trim and glue today! A-model Nieuport 16 .. looks like a really nice kit!

Aah! Us modellers! No cure!

Regards,

Marc

Offline Monty

« Reply #2212 on: December 10, 2020, 04:27:30 AM »
I feel a little embarrassed posting here again so soon, and please don't think I'm boasting, but this literally fell into my lap here in this forgotten corner of Africa... A modeller I actually know decided to sell his collection of WNW, and I realized he would rather sell in South Africa in larger quantities to avoid exorbitant overseas postage... so I gained these wonderful kits... at a very fair price too... no disrespect, as I realize the opportunity may not come to every modeller, and well, it's some money (but the bonus came through!) so I invested for retirement that can't come soon enough... I do feel that this kind of deal may happen a lot more throughout the world... the total thumb-suck figures say 150000 WNW kits produced, only 10% started and 1% completed.. so the opportunities will come...

All I can say is to look out, connect with modellers you know and avoid evilbay....

Regards,

Marc

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2213 on: December 10, 2020, 05:53:17 AM »
Good for you, Marc. You will enjoy them all, I am sure.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Bughunter

« Reply #2214 on: December 11, 2020, 01:37:57 AM »
so I invested for retirement that can't come soon enough...
Wise words my friend! I can only sign that.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2215 on: January 28, 2021, 09:11:40 AM »
Postman left this on my front step this morning ! :)

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Radarman

« Reply #2216 on: January 28, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »
Very good, Alexis. That’s one I’m sure you’ll find entertaining once it’s on the bench.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Monty

« Reply #2217 on: January 30, 2021, 04:24:47 AM »
Wow, great subject there, Alexis! I take it your pet spider is in training....  ;D

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2218 on: January 30, 2021, 12:41:30 PM »
Thanks guys , spiders will be waiting for a bit until I can find enough ref's for the build .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2219 on: January 30, 2021, 07:41:24 PM »
Thanks guys , spiders will be waiting for a bit until I can find enough ref's for the build .

Alexis

Hey Alexis,

I already started research once, but was detracted from finishing this Voisin by something else (like so often)
Here you can find good photographic sources (searching „Voisin“):
https://argonnaute.parisnanterre.fr/search?query=Voisin&search-query=&view=list&sort=_score%3Adesc&search-query=1
And there’s that Voisin 8 at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington. I wrote them a letter once, asking for photographs of the interior etc. Their reply was very helpful. These photos do exist. When the Voisin went through restoration in 1989/90, it was photographed from all angles, inside and outside. They offerd me these pictures for not too much money. Like I said, I didn‘t go any further (yet) and didn’t order copies if these pics (otherwise I‘d send them to you), something else brought this project to a halt. But maybe you can contact the museum and pick up some photos there? It’s a Voisin 8, not a 10, but I remember me looking carefully back then, and I could not find any other references.
Regards,
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.