Author Topic: 1:72 Maquette Ilya Muromets  (Read 49728 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: 1:72 Maquette Ilya Muromets
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2017, 01:30:27 AM »
    Great solution to a challenging problem Ian. I used thin decal strips on my Ni.28, it worked and looks the part but is extremely labor intensive and very delicate. I'll be using your Mr. Surfacer method in future if required! 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2017, 01:33:53 AM »
    Great solution to a challenging problem Ian. I used thin decal strips on my Ni.28, it worked and looks the part but is extremely labor intensive and very delicate. I'll be using your Mr. Surfacer method in future if required! 8)
Cheers,
Lance

ME TOO! As for wires passing through wires it is easy to pick up the openings in the "Filled" sections. The wires do not actually pass through other wires but through the filling Richard.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline IanB

« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2017, 02:26:32 AM »
When I said the wires pass through each other, I meant they pass through the batten that binds them together, and between the wires, not actually through the wire itself. Sorry, bad choice of words!

Ian

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2017, 03:35:42 AM »
When I said the wires pass through each other, I meant they pass through the batten that binds them together, and between the wires, not actually through the wire itself. Sorry, bad choice of words!

Ian

OK, that's a lot more sensible

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2017, 04:48:40 AM »
Very clever solution to a difficult problem Ian. Just wish I had thought of this when I made the SSW R1 last year - too late now!

Stephen.