Author Topic: Aviattic Pfalz DVIII  (Read 3144 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Aviattic Pfalz DVIII
« on: February 07, 2024, 12:49:35 AM »
Anybody here order the kit? I went the full pop ATTKIT012 last April and suddenly everything has gone quiet. December shipping was delayed due to a decal situation, which is fine, then January went by and no update.

Steve

Offline Flik63J

Re: Aviattic Pfalz DVIII
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 02:02:45 AM »
I’m in exactly the same position Steve. When I enquired, Richard said he was expecting the replacement decals in time to mail out the pre-orders during February. I have my fingers and toes crossed.

I wonder if anyone here accepted Richard’s invitation to collect their kit, less decals, from Telford? It would be good to see some photos of the finished parts.

David

Offline NigelR

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 03:17:28 AM »
The latest update is that everything is done and ready but Richard is still waiting on the screen printed decals, which have all the markings, stencils and balkenkreuze on them. The quality of the first run of decal printing wasn't up to Richard's standards so he is currently awaiting a reprint of the decals, which hopefully will be soon. He is a bit at the mercy of his subcontractor here.....

I picked up my kit less the decals, it's a very impressive package. I'll post up some photos of the whole thing later in the week.

It's worth waiting for IMO. Grab something out of the stash in the meantime.......  ;) :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 03:22:23 AM by NigelR »

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 12:11:53 AM »
Thanks for the update. Thought the decal situation was a while back but like you say, he's at the mercy of the printer.

Steve

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 12:20:53 AM »
Here is the text from the update-email which was sent by Richard on Jan 12th:

Close but no cigar..

Hello, all and may I firstly wish you a peaceful and happy 2024.

There is certainly much in the pipeline here at Aviattic and I look forward to moving on from the Pfalz project but I have to share some unfortunate news first.

The delay in dispatching your long-awaited kits (though still on the promised schedule) over Christmas was due to awaiting the receipt of the last element - the screen-printed decals. These, after months of waiting, arrived after New Year but did not meet my standards and have had to go to a re-print. I have been assured of their delivery and (improved quality) in February and ask for your continued patience and support.                     

I shall, of course, inform you of any news on the subject and still hope to meet that 'Winter' promised target.

Best wishes, Richard
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Online macsporran

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 12:41:53 AM »
I thought all the first batch orders had been sent out and the decal problems are with the second batch. Has nobody (apart from test build) received complete kit as yet?
(Only asking as I ordered late and wonder if this means I might still be a long way from delivery behind earlier orders.)
Sandy

Offline Flik63J

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 02:17:38 AM »
Hello Sandy,

Like Steve I am still waiting for my kit which was pre-ordered on 3 April last year. So you might have a while to wait yet!
But we are promised that the wait will be worthwhile.

I have fallen a little out of love with pre-ordering, and in future will take my chances with getting a model when production is confirmed.

David

Offline NigelR

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 03:46:40 AM »
I thought all the first batch orders had been sent out and the decal problems are with the second batch. Has nobody (apart from test build) received complete kit as yet?
(Only asking as I ordered late and wonder if this means I might still be a long way from delivery behind earlier orders.)
Sandy
No, nothing has been sent out. However, most (all?) of the first batch are boxed up ready to go, they are just awaiting the reprint of the decals. Aviattic is a one man band so it will take Richard some time to physically post all the orders out once he has the decals but the process should be quicker because he doesn't have to put all the components into each box.

Offline NigelR

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 03:49:20 AM »
I have fallen a little out of love with pre-ordering, and in future will take my chances with getting a model when production is confirmed.
I can understand that, but bear in mind that without enough pre-orders the kit would never have made it to production. So you have helped to get the kit produced..... :)

Offline NigelR

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 10:17:02 PM »
Here's some pictures of the complete package for the Pfalz D.VIII. This is my production kit version which I picked up from Richard (and I've seen loads of the boxes stacked and waiting to go....).

This is the box, you can see how everything is carefully packed:

Although the screen printed decals aren't ready, the tailored lozenge decals are there and you also get a superb booklet full of construction advice plus all of Juanita's lovely colour profiles and lots of high quality photos of D.VIIIs, some of which I hadn't seen:

The wings are very finely cast and are well secured to prevent warping:

There won't be any broken 3D parts with this one:

Finally, I think the quality is better than with the test parts I had:

Hopefully that's enough to whet everyone's appetite. Fingers crossed it won't be too long before they are being mailed out.

Online macsporran

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 11:16:02 PM »
Thanks NIgel - that's certainly keeping my drool flowing!
Sandy

Offline Flik63J

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2024, 04:25:22 AM »
Looks very promising Nigel…….many thanks for posting the pics,

David

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2024, 06:00:47 AM »
(I have no connection to Richard or Aviattic) For anyone who has/had concerns about the price, I think shows something of why it sold for that much. What a professional package!
Zac in NZ

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2024, 09:12:33 PM »
I have just got the splendid news from Aviattic!!!

Pfalz decals finally printed to my satisfaction!..

After a very frustrating few weeks I am now happy with the detail captured in the decals for the Pfalz DVIII. Most companies would have sent the first sets I was sent..I can't work like that.

I appreciate that the delay has been annoying but we are still on track for the promised Autumn/Winter 23/24 schedule promised.

As soon as these arrive at Aviattic HQ from the printers (and forwarded to Christian Smekens who is distributing EU orders) I will commence the orderly dispatch of the much-awaited kits.

Tracking details will be sent with each order, when yours is sent you will be told. Please do not email me - unless you wish to add items to your order - I'm gonna be busy!..

Still only half of the necessary sales have been made to cover the expenses of producing this kit, so now is the time if you are still on the fence about ordering..

https://www.aviattic.co.uk/pre-order-pfalz-dviii.html

See you on the other side!

Richard
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline NigelR

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2024, 02:42:45 AM »
At last! The decals will be worth the wait, there are so many stencils and small details they need to be very high quality.