Author Topic: Aviattic Pfalz DVIII  (Read 3146 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Aviattic Pfalz DVIII
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2024, 09:32:09 AM »
Great news! (I am a liiiiittle worried about the masking tape that's been holding the wings down for a couple of months. That tape glue can do funny things.....oh how I fret....)

Steve
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 09:57:45 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2024, 10:36:05 PM »
Hi all,
My Pfalz kit arrived today.
I thought the Ansaldo kit was a treasure, but the Pfalz exceeds even that.
If anyone has any doubts as to the cost of such models, quality control, delays in release, research, detail and presentation, just look in the kit box.
The kit parts, photo-etch, decals, figure, instruction manual, 3D printed parts etc are of the best it’s possible to achieve.

Congratulations Richard on yet another top quality model.
May there be many more,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2024, 11:17:10 PM »
Hi all,
My Pfalz kit arrived today.
I thought the Ansaldo kit was a treasure, but the Pfalz exceeds even that.
If anyone has any doubts as to the cost of such models, quality control, delays in release, research, detail and presentation, just look in the kit box.
The kit parts, photo-etch, decals, figure, instruction manual, 3D printed parts etc are of the best it’s possible to achieve.

Congratulations Richard on yet another top quality model.
May there be many more,

Mike

Lucky one... I wonder, how long will mine take to reach me.
Anyway, I am sure the wait will be well worth it.
Thanks for the good news that the deliveries started!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Tankerman

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2024, 02:07:35 AM »
I second everything Mike Norris says about this kit.

My kit arrived this morning and on first lifting the lid of the beautifully decorated box my breath was taken away by the sight of the very high quality of all the elements of this kit. From the instruction manual and decals to the cast, 3D printed and etched components excellence prevails.

Over the years I have built many top quality kits of ships, locomotives and cars but this Pflaz kit beats them all for professional quality, thank you Richard.

Offline Flik63J

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 02:52:11 AM »
My kit arrived today as well, ‘Pour le Mérite limited edition number 012’.

I would echo the comments that first impressions are superb. I have not yet examined everything in detail, for fear of not being able to fit all the elements back in the box!

Congratulations to Richard,

David

Offline Gene K

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2024, 03:13:37 AM »
When will the "Standard" Edition be available again?

Gene K

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 09:38:05 AM »
Excellent news! I am very, very excited to see everyone's builds.
Zac in NZ

Offline NigelR

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2024, 07:28:41 PM »
I'm glad everyone is happy with the kit and that your impressions match my thoughts.

I think Richard is taking pre-orders for the next run of kits, the best thing to do is to email him and find out if there are still standard kits available in the next run.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2024, 08:28:10 PM »

Gene K

Hi Gene,
My understanding is the the first kits dispatched are those placed by pre-orders.

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Gene K

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2024, 01:15:07 AM »
I think Richard is taking pre-orders for the next run of kits, the best thing to do is to email him and find out if there are still standard kits available in the next run.

Thanks Nigel (and Mike). Not very clear from his web site.

Gene K

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2024, 11:36:34 PM »
Nothing here yet Canada) but international post I'm sure takes that much longer.

Steve

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2024, 01:47:26 AM »
All of the above!
Truly gobsmacked. I was away in Finland when the kits were sent out and finally picked it up (Pour le Mérite edition) this morning, in some trepidation.
No need to worry. The parts are beautiful, the decals excellent, and the instruction booklet is brilliantly presented and clearly organised.
I'd add that I like a good pilot figure; they can often disappoint when they're supposed to be specific, but this one looks faithful to pics I've seen of Paul Baumer.

I don't normally take unmade kits down to the modelling club, but this one deserves to be seen. (Sadly, I don't know about extra orders, most of them make tanks  ::) but we can still big up Aviattic's reputation)

So impressed.

Mark

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2024, 06:29:31 AM »
....another week has gone by..... No shipment notice or tracking number and advised not to ask about the status. I did read the last email and sent an extra paypal donation to offset the postage increase. I know that doesn't accelerate anything already in transit but seeing other North American buyers receiving the kit last week has me wondering a little bit. I'm repeating myself, I know, but having purchased the top tier kit set early on I was hoping I'd have it by now......just jealous I suppose.... ::)

Steve   

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 06:34:12 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline NigelR

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2024, 07:47:15 PM »
....another week has gone by..... No shipment notice or tracking number and advised not to ask about the status. I did read the last email and sent an extra paypal donation to offset the postage increase. I know that doesn't accelerate anything already in transit but seeing other North American buyers receiving the kit last week has me wondering a little bit. I'm repeating myself, I know, but having purchased the top tier kit set early on I was hoping I'd have it by now......just jealous I suppose.... ::)
Well the good thing is it sounds like there should be a build thread on here as soon as you do get it...... ;)

I'm still struggling to decide which scheme to do on my standard boxing. There are many interesting choices.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2024, 10:55:40 PM »
I am still waiting, too. The good news is there should be no tax or duty for EU as the kits are to be shipped from France.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.