Author Topic: Gauging interest in a Forum special edition model kit  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: Gauging interest in a Forum special edition model kit
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2023, 02:49:08 AM »
i'm in for whatever.

Ball's a good idea.

L....y? could be packaged with the Lufbery figure and i'd buy it even though i already have the figure.  a lion cub would be nice if it fits the period. it could also have markings for more Lafayette Escadrille ships. This sheet could be separate or part of the kit, but the ships should all be from the same time period so a flightline could be an option....

a Storks edition, which could be a separate sheet or 'the kit', but several storks options would be delightful.

they've already covered most of the RFC options i'm interested in but i'd buy it anyway because a) i'm Nieuport-greedy and b) team player etc.

My personal first choice would be the Maurice Boyau ship with the snake thingy on it. apparently the dog shown was his too but i hadn't noticed this ship until today so i can't confirm that, Google isn't always right. but it'd be a great candidate for a sheet if not a boxing. They've done some splendid figures so a figure of Boyau (or any ace that's never been sculped tbh) would be a very special special edition, even if they sell decals and fig later.

Donat Makijonek's ship also fascinates me and owuld be a great candidate for a decal sheet as you ain't doin' that art with masks.

The WNW/Kotare (i need to find a way to abbreviate "kotare" to vex Mr Alexander) plan of dropping ace boxings with decals and figures is, i think, an attractive one, and if CSM start doing this too with any regularity it'd be my happiest path to the poorhouse.

Offline WD

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2023, 12:17:19 AM »
I'm not a 1/32nd modeler, heck, I'm not much of a modeler at all here of late,  :( but I think even I could get interested in this one, especially if the decal scheme is one in which I'm interested.

Warren

Offline Russell Niles

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2023, 04:03:01 AM »
I too am late getting into this.
I would say yes also, but would like to see which Nieuport it is, what the markings are, and the cost before I commit.

Thanks

Offline Europapete

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2023, 11:20:37 PM »
I could definarely go for a Ball kit and a Lafayette or 3. Regards, Pete

Offline aircooled

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2023, 05:17:20 AM »
Color me interested.