Author Topic: WW1 model aircraft kit poll from Special Hobby  (Read 5123 times)

Offline fruibal

Re: WW1 model aircraft kit poll from Special Hobby
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2022, 12:06:18 PM »
I would vote to see the 1/32 Morane Saulnier back in the market with an improved/better cockpit, nose with the M/S logo,  and in Russian markings ( it would be great if they can include a version with skies). Also, there were past rumors long ago that SH would release a 1/32 version of the Lloyd C.V and I believe it was in their future work plans, does somebody know what happened?

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2022, 04:16:01 PM »
Ooops! I didn’t read Dave’s original post properly. The Pfalz D.XII wasn’t listed as an available tooling. Still like to see it again, though.

Cheers

Syd

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2022, 04:46:47 AM »
1/32 Nieuport 11/16 with RFC options for a 16 and a 1/32 Bullet w/ a Russian option...and yeah, maybe w/ ski's.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline jeff shreve

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2022, 07:32:22 AM »
SH32006 – Morane Saulnier N (1/32)
SH32015 – Nieuport II Bebe (1/32)
SH48012 – Sopwith Schneider (1/48)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2022, 01:39:48 PM »
A progress update on the Special Hobby kit poll.

As at today the 1/32 Nieuport 11 Bebe leads the most wanted list with 18 wanting this OOP kit enhanced and returned to production.

Next is the 1/32 Morane Saulnier N with 11 votes followed by the 1/48 Sopwith Tabloid (9), the 1/48 Sopwith Schneider with 8, and the 1/48 Spad VII and Lloyd C.V Series 46 on two votes each.

Keep the votes coming in folks, let's show Special Hobby there's a need for these OOP kits to be reissued with enhanced resin, PE and new colour schemes.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:01:58 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2022, 10:27:21 AM »
As there have been no further posts on this topic since January I am closing this poll and will send the results to Special Hobby.

The 1/32 Nieuport II is the most wanted 'back in production' kit, followed by the Morane Saulnier N then the 1/48 Sopwith Tabloid and Schneider, followed by the Spad VII RFC and Lloyd C.V Serie 46.

My thanks to those who took part and hopefully your votes will encourage the manufacturers to keep producing more WW1 kits for us.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2022, 01:10:36 PM »
My vote is for a Nieuport 11 kit which is updated to improve ease of assembly.  Wing attachment, strut location Improve accuracy and detail of le rhone 9C engine. You could even offer a le rhone 9C engine kit as a spin off. Take a look at Wingnuts and Copper State's  9C engines.

Offline Paulvanacker

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2022, 10:12:38 PM »
I agree.

1/48 Schnieder and Tabloid would be great.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2022, 09:12:40 AM »
Following the recent Forum poll to identify the most wanted aircraft kit members would like Special Hobby to produce, the vote went to a 1/32 Hanriot HD.1

Special Hobby have now advised they are seriously considering this project and were really interested in the results of the Forum poll.

While a final decision to do the Hanriot kit has yet to be made- these things take time
Over on Large Scale Planes someone mentioned SH are doing a Hanriot. Has anything been announced or is it possible the poster saw the poll results?
Zac in NZ

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2022, 10:42:45 AM »
As far as I know Special Hobby have not committed to a 1/32 Hanriot kit- yet. They are aware of its popularity via our poll but I suspect the poster on LSP has merely mixed up our poll result with SH's interest and assumed it's a go project.

We are in regular contact with Special Hobby and I think if they were going to release a Hanriot they would tell us.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

masterKamera

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2022, 12:37:57 PM »
I thought i saw a special hobby moraine saulnier for standard retail item ealier this year.

The real trick is not asking what model a small percetage here would want to round out their favorites collections.

The real trick is asking

what can special hobby do to bring the kit back and have it be better then before.  weather an improved detailing of the cockpit, or more accurate structure, etc.

Special Hobby seems to be a good company, with a large plate on their table. The issue is not simply getting another kit out on the market, but bringing out something that will stand out from the rest.

An exmample, look at the number of albatross DVA kits..  what exactly makes one better then the rest?

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2022, 08:09:42 AM »
I suspect the poster on LSP has merely mixed up our poll result with SH's interest and assumed it's a go project.
Thank you for your response Dave - the quoted section sums up my conclusion!
Zac in NZ