Author Topic: Jeannin Stahltaube 271/14 (1/32, Wingnut Wings)  (Read 9860 times)

Bughunter

Re: Jeannin Stahltaube 271/14 (1/32, Wingnut Wings)
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2022, 04:32:44 AM »
Rigging with Uschi elastic is feasible but it takes me at least 3 times more time and I honestly say I will be happy to get back to fishing line 😉
At first I have to say your rigging (as the complete model!) looks great! That's why I use also often elastic rigging, because it is always straight.
But here I thought that because of the size and weight of the wings, functional rigging with fishing line would be necessary? At least I use it on monoplanes.

I really hope for you that it stays as it is now in long term.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Monty

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2022, 04:44:20 AM »
Wow! That rigging looks amazing Przemo, and great progress! It's nearly there! Regards, Marc

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2022, 06:45:07 AM »
She looks stunning, Przemo!
Zac in NZ

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2022, 06:05:49 PM »
Thank you everyone. I am glad you like my Taube. And I must confess thqt I am also very satisfied with the result.  ;)

Rigging with Uschi elastic is feasible but it takes me at least 3 times more time and I honestly say I will be happy to get back to fishing line 😉
At first I have to say your rigging (as the complete model!) looks great! That's why I use also often elastic rigging, because it is always straight.
But here I thought that because of the size and weight of the wings, functional rigging with fishing line would be necessary? At least I use it on monoplanes.

I really hope for you that it stays as it is now in long term.

Cheers,
Frank

Thank you Frank for your interest. Yet, this kit seems to be better designed than Eindeckers. The fuselage sides have substantial stubs to which the wings are attached. The only way for them to bend or drop down would be the significant deformation of the fuselage shell. Basically, in the kit they sustain their self weight without any rigging. Moreover, since the pylons over and under the fuselage are solid triangles-based structures, I decided to make those 16 lines supporting the wings from 0.12 fishing line. The kit structure is very sturdy now 🙂
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2022, 09:10:05 AM »
A superb Taube, lovely work as per usual!
All that rigging makes my eyes water  ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2022, 04:30:29 AM »
Thank you, Andrew.

I have made a temporary propeller to put my Taube to the shelf. But I am waiting for the veneers to carve one more appropriate.

More photos in the gallery section
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.