Author Topic: Dr1 Volume 1  (Read 1532 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Dr1 Volume 1
« on: November 02, 2021, 11:16:18 PM »
It appears this has been released - or am I already behind?

Steve
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:19:04 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Dr! Volume 1
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 11:58:35 AM »
From the Albatros Productions website:

STOP PRESS! Now available for immediate purchase from this store, the first volume in our new  FOKKER F.I/DR.I series of scale modelling Anthologies! 72 pages plus covers and crammed with model build articles, great reference photos, new colour profiles, build logs for Meng kits; 1:32/1:24 scale Fokker kit reviews; colours discussion; WNW design insights; airfield and railway dioramas and so much more!

The first volume in our new WWI Scale Model Anthology Series is devoted to the legendary Fokker Dreidecker flown by many of Germany's leading fighter pilots such as von Richthofen and Voss, both of whose iconic aircraft are covered in great depth.This new publication is the ultimate modellers' guide to building,detailing, painting and finishing the Meng (ex-Wingnut Wings) Fokker F.I and Dr.I plastic models vastly expanding and correcting the kit's much criticised instructions.
Contents include:
*1:32 and 1:24 F.I/Dr.I kit reviews from Andreas to Meng.
*Detailed Fokker F.I/Dr.I painting guide by Richard Alexander with model paint conversion chart covering Tamiya, Meng and Humbrol products.
*Special 23 page section on the pre-production triplanes with selected archive photos and Ray Rimell's highly detailed build log of the Meng F.I finished in the correct colours of F.I 103/17-all supported by Juanita Franzi's multi-view artwork.
*How the original WNW kits were designed-an exclusive insider interview with Richard Alexander.
*Colour close-up shots of Mikael Carlson's superb airworthy Dr.I reproduction.
*Authentic Winter diorama incorporating parts of Roden's kit with a railway transport wagon.
* Ray Rimell's detailed build log of the Meng 1:32 kit finished as von Richthofen's' all-red DR.I 425/17 with surviving red fabrics analysis and a new colour profile.
* 10 detailed and authentic brand new 1:32 scale colour profiles by Ronny Bar coupled with relevant references, photos and Meng kit part check lists.
*Gallery of archive,portrait and close-up photos selected with modellers in mind.
*Appendices with extensive bibliography,manufacturers'web links and Fokker production detail changes.
For serious modellers yearning to get the best from Meng and Roden kits,WWI aero-historian and author Ray Rimell,together with former WNW General Manager Richard Alexander,present 76 colourful and image-laden pages enabling modellers to achieve perfect results every time.With over 300 illustrations,our packed guide also focuses on several lesser-known aspects of this famed warplane recorded for the very first time.Expect a few surprises! 
*Special subscriber price of £27.00! (Usual retail is £28.00). Offer expires 31 January 2022.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:15:16 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Dr1 Volume 1
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 01:20:40 AM »
Any word on volume 2?

Steve