Author Topic: kotare models  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Beto

Re: kotare models
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 07:08:07 PM »
...Richard Alexander must be having a good laugh thinking about all of us trying to identify those three dimples in the top right picture in his page!!!  ;)

To me at least it looks like something linen covered, so I still have hopes...

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2021, 07:15:34 PM »
Hurricane? Barrage balloon? Queen Victoria?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2021, 08:05:07 PM »
Hurricane? Barrage balloon? Queen Victoria?

If it's Queen Vic, her three nipples must have been placed in a very strange place!
Still, Kotare do claim to be extremely well researched.
Sandy

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2021, 08:18:37 PM »
Nicely lined up, though

Richard

Offline ColonelKrypton

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 10:03:23 PM »
How about a Stringbag?

News of Kotare has been creating some interesting chatter on various forums. They ( Kotare ) have accomplished what they set out to do if their intent was to create some interest and speculation.

There was a thread on Britmodeller of someone from Wingnut Wings starting up or becoming part of a new company aimed at producing 1/144 models but I have lost track the thread. There are some interesting things happening by the old Wingnut Wings staff it seems.

Ultimately it will be interesting to see what comes of Kotare.

cheers, Graham

Offline ColonelKrypton

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 10:34:22 PM »
There was a thread on Britmodeller of someone from Wingnut Wings starting up or becoming part of a new company aimed at producing 1/144 models[/quote

Beacon Models perhaps?  Nothing WW1 yet, so far only a Spitfire and Messerschmitt.

cheers, Graham

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:48 AM »
Modellers are having fun speculating about whatever Kotare Models will produce but don't assume that because it involves several former Wingnut Wings people that we will get Wingnut level fine detail. The detail of whatever they produce will depend on how much the business owner is willing to invest. This new company does not have the bottomless pockets of a Peter Jackson to dip into.

Based on the Wingnuts business model though I'll predict whatever Kotare does will be good quality, aimed at a high end market, priced in US Dollars with postage from NZ charged in US dollars (the exchange rate boosting their profit. At present $US1 equals $NZ 1.45).

There's an assumption Kotare are doing a WW1 aircraft kit which would be great but I'm hearing they are going down the WW2 route  (better cash flow for a new business). There is no suggestion Kotare has access to any of the WnW tooling so let's remember these people were the employees of Wingnuts, not the owner (who still controls the intellectual property and ownership rights to the WnW tooling).

No doubt the rumour machine will speculate that Kotare is doing the Lancaster or the Handley Page O/100 and O/400 kits that Wingnuts never finished - this is unlikely but would be welcome if true.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline James

kotare models
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2021, 08:40:25 AM »
Thanks for the info, Dave. World War II doesn't surprise me at all, a cash cow for sure.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
One thought that has been on my mind for a long time is this:

Why hasn't there been a reaction from Peter Jacson himself?

I think there is only one person who has the answers to all of our questions. 

Willem

Offline macsporran

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2021, 05:25:34 PM »
"Why hasn't there been a reaction from Peter Jacson himself? - Willem"

PJ will have pulled up the drawbridge after the witch hunt in the press regarding tax and govt allowances in 2019 followed by the Vintage Aviator fraud scandal, etc. If I were him I'd keep schtum about everything and anything too as he is just going to get pilloried for anything he says.

Shame for a guy who ploughed millions into giving us the kits he would have liked when he was modelling, followed by all the money and work in the "They shall not grow old" movie. Shame it ended as it did.

(From the above you'll see I think he meant well and the badly-handled shut-down was the work of the bean-counters. Kinda why I hope he might be (privately) supportive of the new Kotare project - especially regarding WNW IP etc. Wonder if Mark Robson and he are chums?)
Sandy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 05:35:15 PM by macsporran »

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2021, 06:11:15 PM »
Cursed bean-counters - stopping businesses trading at a loss!

Richard

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2021, 09:54:18 PM »
Hi,
He might wish them all the best- and buy some of their kits. Would he be relaxed about the IP….hmm, like you say the drawbridge is up, if it was ever down. I don’t know he’s been burned by fraud and that’s bad. But the killing of WNW was strange and appalling.
And the stock in the NZ warehouse? Interesting times…again :) Go Kotare and any other rising high quality model start ups!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Borsos

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2021, 10:05:22 PM »
Cool, a new model company that releases 1:32 model kits. I am quite sure I’ll buy them.
But — what is “WNW”? Can anybody explain?  :)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Monty

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2021, 02:16:52 AM »
Hey, Andreas! WNW were a somewhat good model making company that did fairly detailed only 1/32 stuff... But their boxes fell apart and then they went bankrupt... just look at my boxes....

Seriously, with some really good researchers and WW1 aircraft experts on this site, we should be able to make something of those clues... My guess is Hansa-Brandenburg D1... Outside shot Hanriot.... Regards to all, and forgive my tongue in cheek comments! Marc

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2021, 01:58:59 PM »
Thought…I wonder if they go with the CSM type boxing. Go better in the post…
‘Not all who wander are lost‘