Author Topic: kotare models  (Read 5797 times)

Offline ThePenguin

Re: kotare models
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2021, 04:37:11 PM »
This will be interesting, can't wait for their unveiling.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2021, 02:21:13 AM »
So any guesses to when they might open- a month, 6 months?
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline James

kotare models
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2021, 02:23:27 AM »
So any guesses to when they might open- a month, 6 months?

I will guess 4 1/2 months.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline macsporran

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2021, 02:34:16 AM »
I seem to remember a company somewhere somewhen that used to release a Christmas Special or two - Just in time for us to panic buy!
Sandy

Offline Monty

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2021, 06:10:21 AM »
Hi Pup7309! I suppose you hope the boxes will be like ICM or Zvezda boxes, with the whole wrap round inner box then the outer lid, important for the art work, of course! We must acknowledge that the vast majority of kits (kitsets to some) are bought to go into a stash (hoard is such a rough word!) and this kind of packaging preserves the boxes and contents the best... Here is an example...

I do hope the good folk at Kotare are watching....

Regards and Salutations,

Marc

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2021, 12:32:53 AM »
Hi Pup7309! I suppose you hope the boxes will be like ICM or Zvezda boxes, with the whole wrap round inner box then the outer lid, important for the art work, of course! We must acknowledge that the vast majority of kits (kitsets to some) are bought to go into a stash (hoard is such a rough word!) and this kind of packaging preserves the boxes and contents the best... Here is an example...

I do hope the good folk at Kotare are watching....

Regards and Salutations,

Marc

Completely agree. No point buying a premium product in US$ with nice artwork that arrives all crushed. And the physics of stockpiling and issues of stash buttressing, of course!  :D ;D

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2021, 12:45:54 AM »
If they were going to do WW1 ‘best sellers’ I’d like to see a new tool SPAD vii, Alb II/III, Hanriot or Sopwith Comic. An Albatross C, Macchi M5, Austrian or AEG 2 seater might be cool if they go down that path. I imagine someone will do a Be a, bc,d sometime? But whatever, time will tell.
PS this is in 32nd mind
48th and 1/72 well that’s another story…
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:50:56 AM by Pup7309 »

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2021, 09:53:35 AM »
Folks, I am locking the Kotare Models thread for the meantime until we have some clarification that their mysterious first model kit is a WW1 or related subject and thus of interest to this Forum.
At the moment speculation is high that Kotare, which features several former Wingnut Wings staff, is a return under a new brand of the Wingnut kits or a continuation of the WW1 line Wingnuts were famed for doing. These are only rumours and unconfirmed ones and unfortunately Richard Alexander of Kotare is being vague on details.
I have reached out several times to Richard who will not indicate if their kit is something our Forum should be interested in or even when an announcement might be made.
So until Kotare make a subject announcement, I think the Forum focus should be on those new WW1 and related kits that we know of rather than ongoing rumours and speculation about something that may have no relevance to us.

Dave Wilson
Forum Administrator
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 08:50:55 AM »
So it's September 15, Battle of Britain Day and Kotare Models has announced that their first 1/32 scale kit will be a Spitfire Mk.1 Late.

It's the first new tool Spitfire Mk 1 in more than 50 years and is due for release later in 2022.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline arek

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 08:52:29 AM »
Waiting is over: Spitfire Mk.I in 1:32 expected 2022. Thank you.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2021, 09:02:59 AM »
Folks.. feel free to continue the discussion over on the World of Scale Models board with Sandy's thread.

I'm locking this thread now so this board can focus on our particular era of interest.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia.