Author Topic: 1/32 Chinese Polikarpov R-1  (Read 2926 times)

Offline The_Magnificent_Squadron

Re: 1/32 Chinese Polikarpov R-1
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 04:14:42 PM »
I agree that the interior is just amazing. Mind you the remainder of the build is not too bad either...! This one will be a stunner and in Chinese markings too - we do not see many of them.

Stephen.

Thank you

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 04:20:00 PM »
Very fine work all around. The interior, the outer colours... I am one big fan of Ninaks. But seeing it in the Soviet R1 version brings me to ask, do we know if they differed somehow from the original? Or is it just the educated guess from WNW that they were exact copies?

Cosmetically the R-1 didn't differ much from the original. The main difference is around the radiator with some R-1s have the slats removed or not fitted and also side of the radiator looked different being more like a triangle compared with the English sides. however a photo of a exported one shows the sides of the radiator like they are on the model. The other cosmetic difference would be the paint schemes

internally its a bit hit and miss. I know the pilots seat was different being a more square thing but i decided to just use the kits seat. i also know that they were fitted with holsters for a pistol in both the pilots and observers cockpits. here is a good article on the R-1 or P-1

https://en.topwar.ru/16259-istoriya-sovetskoy-aviacii-polikarpov-r-1-pervyy-seriynyy-sovetskiy-samolet.html

thank you

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 06:41:07 PM »
Very fine work all around. The interior, the outer colours... I am one big fan of Ninaks. But seeing it in the Soviet R1 version brings me to ask, do we know if they differed somehow from the original? Or is it just the educated guess from WNW that they were exact copies?

Cosmetically the R-1 didn't differ much from the original. The main difference is around the radiator with some R-1s have the slats removed or not fitted and also side of the radiator looked different being more like a triangle compared with the English sides. however a photo of a exported one shows the sides of the radiator like they are on the model. The other cosmetic difference would be the paint schemes

internally its a bit hit and miss. I know the pilots seat was different being a more square thing but i decided to just use the kits seat. i also know that they were fitted with holsters for a pistol in both the pilots and observers cockpits. here is a good article on the R-1 or P-1

https://en.topwar.ru/16259-istoriya-sovetskoy-aviacii-polikarpov-r-1-pervyy-seriynyy-sovetskiy-samolet.html

thank you

Thank you for the explanations and, more importantly, for the link to that interesting article/monograph!
And good luck with your spectacular build!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 11:15:18 PM »
Nice work!  Is that the interrupter gear linkage on the lift side of the fuse under the machine gun?

Offline RichieW

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 05:16:04 AM »
Stunning work, I don't know this aircraft which makes this build even more interesting. Amazingly precise work!

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 03:00:46 AM »
Nice work!  Is that the interrupter gear linkage on the lift side of the fuse under the machine gun?

yes it is, im not sure why it wasn't on the interior though

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 03:01:10 AM »
Stunning work, I don't know this aircraft which makes this build even more interesting. Amazingly precise work!

Thank you

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 03:05:17 AM »

While its not super visible on the DSLR photos mainly due to the gloss coat and it being a very slight variation i have also used my modeller licence and tried to replicate painted over soviet markings on the top wings

Next update either tommorow or on Saturday

Offline hrcoleman66

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2021, 01:26:45 PM »
The colour and tonal variation looks perfect!
The painted over starts on the upper wing are subtle, yet effective.

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2021, 08:23:56 AM »
What a great build. I like the painted over stars a lot.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »
Stunning paint work. The markings look exceptional as does the subtle weathering/ shading!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 03:28:00 AM »
Stunning paint work. The markings look exceptional as does the subtle weathering/ shading!
RAGIII

Thank you

What a great build. I like the painted over stars a lot.

Thank you, it cant be really seen in the final photo unfortunately

The colour and tonal variation looks perfect!
The painted over starts on the upper wing are subtle, yet effective.

Cheers,

Hugh

Thank you

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 03:28:47 AM »

The build is now finished, check it out on the finished post section

Thank you for reading

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 05:16:34 AM »
Awesome!