Author Topic: Meng DR.I Steinhauser (Later) Roden DR.I Udet LO  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Dave Brewer

Re: Meng DR.I Steinhauser (Later) Roden DR.I Udet LO
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 11:41:15 AM »
Wow, lovely looking job Mark, really well-executed,congratulations.
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 12:40:32 PM »
Wow, lovely looking job Mark, really well-executed,congratulations.
Cheers,
Dave.

Thank you Dave for looking in and your take on the build.   Much appreciated.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline crouthaj

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 12:55:56 PM »
Beautiful streaking effect -- great overall build. Thanks for sharing the model.

Jason

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »
Very attractive Dr.I. And the streaking decals really do the job. Congratulations!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 11:51:11 PM »
Really nice work on both Mark. I've enjoyed our "Mini" Group Build of the Meng kit, hope to finish mine today/tomorrow and get started on the Roden one. Now that you've completed both so beautifully in record time I've no excuses left to explain my slow progress! The Steinhauser markings are also amongst my favorites for this aircraft, if another Meng Tripe appears on my bench (and it very well might) it could grow beyond just a "vision"!)
   Looking forward to your third one after a preview of what's up your sleeve, should be a real winner!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ModelCellar

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 05:47:03 AM »
Very very nice.  Great looking build.  ...and I like the ground work too !!   Looks great!

Paul

Bughunter

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2021, 07:13:53 AM »
Great work! Steinhäusers Markings are my all-time favorites for Fokker triplanes.
Exactly!
Started a Dr.I looong time ago, but failed to paint the Fokker streaking, so repainted with MRP "Richthofen's Red" ::) Still not finished.
So after seeing you model I will made another attempt to do _this_ Fokker once some projects are finished, very inspiring!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline mgunns

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2021, 11:30:03 AM »
Beautiful streaking effect -- great overall build. Thanks for sharing the model.

Jason

Thanks for looking in Jason and your kind comments, much appreciated.  Good 'ole Aviattic decals.  Went on nice and do the trick.
Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
Very attractive Dr.I. And the streaking decals really do the job. Congratulations!

Thank you Prez for scoping it out and leaving your compliment, much appreciated.
Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
Great work! Steinhäusers Markings are my all-time favorites for Fokker triplanes.
Exactly!
Started a Dr.I looong time ago, but failed to paint the Fokker streaking, so repainted with MRP "Richthofen's Red" ::) Still not finished.
So after seeing you model I will made another attempt to do _this_ Fokker once some projects are finished, very inspiring!

Cheers,
Frank

Thank you Frank, make that attempt to get one finished, it's a nice kit.  Glad to see that got your motivation level up.
Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 11:34:44 AM »
Very very nice.  Great looking build.  ...and I like the ground work too !!   Looks great!

Paul
Thank you Paul for looking in and your compliment, duly appreciated.  The base is a Squadron product.  I let it sit for about two years and finally got around to painting it up.  I don't think Squadron has it anymore, too bad as it is a neat base to display the model and open for lots of detailing and attention.  I will probably add some "grass" to it to "liven" it up a bit.  Thanks for looking in.
Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 11:37:46 AM »
Really nice work on both Mark. I've enjoyed our "Mini" Group Build of the Meng kit, hope to finish mine today/tomorrow and get started on the Roden one. Now that you've completed both so beautifully in record time I've no excuses left to explain my slow progress! The Steinhauser markings are also amongst my favorites for this aircraft, if another Meng Tripe appears on my bench (and it very well might) it could grow beyond just a "vision"!)
   Looking forward to your third one after a preview of what's up your sleeve, should be a real winner!
Cheers,
Lance

Thanks Lance for scoping it out here on the forum and leaving your comments, much appreciated.  My next Tripe is going to be Mohnicke's with the blue tail, but first.......it's Felixstowe but per your guidance will probably do the other Tripe coincident with the Felxistowe, talk about a "Barn Burner" of a card!
Mark

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2021, 11:31:41 PM »
Great airplane,  nice paintjob, wel executed. This is a real gem. You can be proud of it.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2021, 11:38:07 PM »
Great work!! No fear when you used the markings masks over the decal streaking?

Steve

Offline mgunns

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
Great work!! No fear when you used the markings masks over the decal streaking?

Steve

Thanks for looking in Steve:  I did the masks before I applied the decal streaking.  The only issue was that the mask didn't get a good purchase on the upper wing rib stitching, otherwise they worked quite well.  With care, it is possibe to mask over the Aviattic streaking decals if they have sat for a day and were applied over a gloss finish and are set.  Be careful and use a low tack or rub the tape over your forehead, the decals are quite robust.
Mark