Author Topic: Hasegawa P-38J  (Read 11718 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Hasegawa P-38J
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 11:38:48 AM »
I added some details to the battery section . It seemed rather bare so a bit of wire and such was added . Have no idea it it is right , but it works for me . Side panels got details and a start on the wheel bays . Front well has it PE parts and I start on the rear wells which aren't even half way through yet . Still a fair amount to add and the booms have prep work which still awaits on being tackled .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 11:39:07 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 11:39:26 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 11:39:49 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 11:40:18 AM »
And the mess ...

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Radarman

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2021, 02:39:49 PM »
Alexis,
This is a great one for me to follow along with. One of my co-workers is a real P-38 fan. He has a hanger for his home
built planes and would like one to hang from the rafters. I'll probably build him one some day.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »
PEs add a great realism in real scale detailing and these are very well managed. Looking forward to the next stages of your build.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »
Alexis,

Looking good!

Those 3D decals look amazing Frank  :o I’ve gone off the Eduard PE a little lately as in close up they look all ‘dotty’. The Look & Yahu instrument panels are much better to my eye.

How do you keep such nicely manicured nails when modelling?! (Alexis, not Frank..  ;D)

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2021, 10:31:23 PM »
Ps...

Just noticed the prices - More expensive than the kits!  :o

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2021, 12:09:40 AM »
Those interior bits look realistic.  I can see a great build taking shape.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2021, 02:26:41 AM »
Thanks for following along guys and sharing your interest .

I hope this will inspire you to build one for your friends room Kevin  ;)

Guy , I like the Look products by Eduard and the Yahu are also nice but it does come down to cost in the end for some .

To be honest Guy this is the first time any of you guys ask about my manicure and really not sure how to answer this .

I can say that I have to hold tools and parts differently and any sanding or airbrushing I wear those toss away gloves . I also spend about an hour and half on the weekends maintaining them  ;)

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 08:43:35 PM »
I built this a few decades back! From what I remember very buildable and nice to look at. But I wasn’t too fussy about perfect fits then. Will pick up the Tamiya at some stage. Enjoy!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 05:11:11 AM »
Thanks Pup !

Do get the Tamiya kit , kit is a gem !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2021, 05:50:37 AM »
Those 3D decals look amazing Frank  :o I’ve gone off the Eduard PE a little lately as in close up they look all ‘dotty’.
The price is may be high, but the price of the printer is much higher ;) I found it, it can also print advertising on whine bottles and so on.
Interestingly Eduard has also started a new product line like that, which called "Space". The first products are available:
https://www.eduard.com/index.php?lang=1&searchparam=Space&cl=search

How do you keep such nicely manicured nails when modelling?! (Alexis, not Frank..  ;D)
:) Mine looks not as nice. I hold often small parts with my fingers and tend to guide files with fingers and nails ???
I should not do that ...

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 11:41:09 PM »
Haven't forgotten about this one , still cleaning up the wheel well parts when I have time ..

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch