Author Topic: Hasegawa P-38J  (Read 11745 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Hasegawa P-38J
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2021, 10:20:09 AM »
It was one of those days where I did absolutely nothing ! Didn't go for my daily walk weather was crap . Didn't feel like doing my workout either nor did I do my online course  .... had more coffee then I should have , but being wired up on caff it was a perfect day for some long over do bench time . So putting on some Yello on the stereo and turning up the volume -enjoying the a beautiful peaceful day !

First round on getting the rear wells install in their booms is finished , however ; more PE still to come for round two ! So far the over all fit of the booms aren't bad . The nose where the rads are will acquire sanding/filling but nothing which would be classified as being a state horrible .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2021, 09:41:07 AM »
Reads like many of the days that I am experiencing at the moment Alexis.

I have only just found this - I had been wondering where you had got to - been looking for a pusher, not an off-topic build. I have read through your thread and looking at some of your photos I have decided that this kit would be too difficult for me to build! You seem to be making a very good job of it though - but those clamps scare me!!!

Stephen.

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2021, 05:49:32 PM »
Ha - Yello takes me back! I remember as a teen the excitement of going to the alternative record store hoping for new imports from Yello - solid pleasure, Claro que si or ‘you gotta say yes to another excess’ days....sigh.... getting old! Enjoy!

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 10:43:41 PM »
Nice, the PE gives the wells quite a different look.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 03:33:32 AM »
Stephen ,

I'm still here and still working on the Pfalz D.7/8 in the resin section . With the scratch builds you do this kit wouldn't be any trouble for you . so don't let the clamps scare you .

Well Fokker , I do have all there albums including their new release for 2020 title Point , and it rocks !

Thanks Prze  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2021, 10:02:12 AM »
Spent the day getting rest of the parts placed inside the wheel wells . Tomorrow it will get sprayed with some primer followed by starting the interoir shades . :)

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2021, 04:48:49 PM »
Looking good Alexis!

Just modelling/ coffee/ music... sounds like a perfect day!  ;)

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »
Looks like a very clean build Alexis.  I am enjoying following your progress.  Nice modeling!

Best regards,

Bob

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 01:35:44 AM »
Thank you Guy and Bob

Guy , all my days are perfekt !  :) :) :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2021, 06:49:35 AM »
Some details are hidden already? We know that from cockpits.
If you had fun build those, then all is ok  8)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2021, 12:16:10 AM »
Danke Schon Frank  :)

I do enjoy them very much , even if most of the detail is hidden .  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2021, 01:37:15 AM »
    The extra detailing is the best part, nice additions Alexis! I appreciate the coffee angle but, being a C&W Fan stop short on the music! ;D ;D
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2021, 04:28:36 AM »
Just stumbled onto this one - very nice work Alexis! The P-38 is such a cool looking beast.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2021, 06:58:50 AM »
Thanks Lance and Gary , nice to have you both drop by with positive support ! :)

Lance , don't think you will care for what I listen mostly . 90% is German covering soft rock to New German Hardiness and everything else in between , but not beats classical music  ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2021, 07:35:54 AM »
Interior is sprayed Vallego Interior green and ready for detail painting and rest of the coloured PE parts for the pit .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch