Author Topic: Topic removed  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Topic removed
« on: December 01, 2020, 08:20:57 AM »
I have deleted the thread regarding the rumour about Wingnut Wings moulds being sold. The original poster amended his post and the whole thread seemed to be chasing around after itself.

For the record, I reached out to Wingnut Group and Sir Peter Jackson just the other day to ask what/ if any decisions had been made about the future of the business, the plans ( if any) for the tooling and the intentions for re opening the NZ warehouse which has, I believe, the last goodly sized stock of WNW kits worldwide.

The answer- as always from Wingnuts and Sir Peter - was total silence. Sources connected to the group think the NZ warehouse may reopen to sales when international postal services are more reliable after the pandemic disruptions to air travel. This has not been officially confirmed.

If we get verifiable confirmation of moves to dispose of Wingnut assets and stock, then it will be published on the Forum and open for discussion.

However until then, vague rumours that someone heard from a model shop bloke who spoke to someone else about the moulds being sold to whoever can stay with the good folk on social media pages who thrive on this stuff.

More important right now is the need for us to focus on those model manufacturers who are still in business and producing new WW1 kits for us. They are the future now, so let's support Roden, Copper State Models, Lukgraph, Meng, Special Hobby, Eduard, KP etc and all of the aftermarket suppliers around the world whose creations continue to enhance our modeling.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave J

Re: Topic removed
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 10:10:14 AM »
Good call Dave. These rumours are likely to be false, along with the 100's of others that are out there...
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline MarkyMark62

Re: Topic removed
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 05:04:39 AM »
I expect the info came from that most knowledgeable person,       'that bloke in the pub'