Author Topic: Toms Model Works Pfalz D.VII/III  (Read 28359 times)

Bughunter

Re: Toms Model Works Pfalz D.VII/III
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2020, 07:47:33 AM »
Terri, if you shrink Mikael Carlson and put him into your cockpit he will not see a difference to his big aircraft ;D
Wonderful!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2020, 09:12:09 AM »
Thanks Brain and Frank  :)

The pit is finished and ready to be closed up . I kept the weathering light using a pin wash of Tamiya smoke thinned with future and everything got a sealing coat using Vallejo satin varnish .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2020, 10:48:00 AM »
Spent time on this one today as well and got the halves together and the seems filled and sanded ! The fuselage is short by 3mm . To make up the difference ( I didn't want to cut the fuselage ) I added some strips on plastic on the tail and sanded that to shape . Half round stock was glued on to the rudder and sanded flush . Hinge detail will make up the rest of the gap . Also had to do sanding on the fuselage halves to get them to match . Engine has it's base coat and it actual sucks ! mismatch moulded  :( A bitch to clean up and it still sucks  :o

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2020, 10:48:24 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2020, 10:48:46 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2020, 12:19:29 PM »
Didn't spent much time on this one today other then test fitting the engine to ensure I will have the clearance needed . The engine does fit and spins inside the cowl so I should be good to go with the detailing . I did paint the cylinders dark alum as well . I also have the tail planes ready and those didn't match the scale planes which come with the kit , nor did the match in Jack Harries book so I ended up doing a bit of sanding to get them to match the fuselage sides . They pretty much work so I will go with them ( out of the card stock needed to make new ones ) . No pictures on these yet yet .

But here is a look of what the engine looks inside so far .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2020, 06:10:07 AM »
Don't you just love these resin kits?  :P

Bughunter

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2020, 07:17:09 AM »
Great work here too!
Since I never built a resin kit: what glue have you used for big things like fuselage halves? Epoxy or CA?

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »
Frank , I use super glue . A medium and a thin . The med super glue gives me a bit more working time but not by much . Thin I use for details in the pit and PE parts . Every thing else I use the med glue .

Hi Ken , I do like a good resin kit that challenges the skills and then there are some which I wonder why I even started . This isn't one of those . So far It has been flowing nicely and I work on the right side wing root . This side of the fuselage sits lower then the right side so some very creative sanding which I hope will work in the end . The right side has overly large mounting holes giving the pins in the wing room to move around as I messed with reducing the thickness . These holes will get filled with putty and once it has tack up a bit the wing will be pressed into place leaving the pin makes .

Tail planes and now mounted . but not glued in place yet . Just making sure that this lines up and won't be off kilter . So far so good . The elevators will be cut free and poshed down . Stabilizers need to be flared in . Now it's strut locations for the wings .

Terri

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:20:02 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2020, 10:20:29 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2020, 10:20:54 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Radarman

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2020, 01:52:00 AM »
Terri,
I'm still following along with this build and your progress looks great. Did you decided on which colour scheme you are planning on?

Kevin
We are all victims of history!