Author Topic: Don't get PUSHY with me !  (Read 32363 times)

Offline Allan31

Re: Don't get PUSHY with me !
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2022, 11:44:42 PM »

Thanks Allan , so 32 scale is to small for you ? To be honest it is with me as well at times .  ;)

No, it's too big !!  I am running out of display room and I mostly build in 1/72 scale...

Alexis
[/quote]
Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #481 on: August 14, 2022, 04:31:31 AM »
Thanks Steve ! Weekend is among us so should have some more progress to report by the end of it . Well , that is the plan at least .

Can relate to that Allan , space is something not favored in my place . 48 is my main scale , but I do build a few 32 scale birds . 72 is to small for me now . With only two let in the stash those will be a duel build .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #482 on: August 15, 2022, 12:02:06 AM »
Your DH is really looking superb Alexis!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #483 on: August 16, 2022, 01:28:10 AM »
Thanks Rick  :)

Bit more progress was made but this weekend naps seem to be more important for selfcare .

Buckles for the landing gear are installed and I made the buckle assembly for the rudder and tail skid controls , those took me some time , far from perfect but they will do and i really don't want to spend a few more hours remaking them . Flipping eyes would be able to handle such torture . Slow getting there , but there is still a bit of small details to add , control lines , rest of the rigging and some pipping . then paint said details . So I do apologizes for this build taking so long and I'm grateful you gentlemen are still tagging along and giving support , means a lot to me .

Alexis

Oh ya , not a great pic . shoot the camera not the person using it , she has a build to finish first !  ;D

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #484 on: August 16, 2022, 01:28:52 AM »
 :o

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online DaddyO

« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2022, 05:29:49 AM »
Yikes Alexis - them is tiny wee things  :o

Keep ticking along and we'll be right alongside you. Really enjoying this thread  ;D

Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2022, 05:55:43 AM »
Keep ticking along and we'll be right alongside you. Really enjoying this thread  ;D
Hear hear!
Zac in NZ

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2022, 08:49:35 AM »
 ;D ;D 8) Loving this one!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #488 on: August 18, 2022, 10:06:34 PM »
Glad you guy's are enjoying it , thank you  :)

Weekend is almost here , will have more progress shortly .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline DaveB

« Reply #489 on: August 19, 2022, 08:09:46 PM »
Alexis,

Wow! - you've got more patience than me building those tiny turnbuckles and attachments .......

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2022, 10:24:08 PM »
5 1/48 turnbuckles in 1 small area x 2!! That's patience.

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #491 on: August 23, 2022, 08:44:24 AM »
Will say that it does take patience and I'm using up what I have on this build .  ;)

Weekend was spend wisely in front of the bench and the rest of the turnbuckles are fashioned up , control horns installed and painted , even the spring returns for the main flight controls . For the rudder since this is double wires a short pin was installed in the control horn and it it's a matter of slipping on the hoop over the pin . Sad part is I lost the the two control horns for the top wing and will have to make those , not a problem at all . There is still some details which need to made , like the pullies for the top wing and under the fuselage there should be two tear drop domes covering the pullies , these aren't represented in the kit , so how I will solves this is buy drilling holes and placing half pullies . This part will get done towards closer to the finish line . The end is very near for this one , next up date and I should have the tail control lines in place .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #492 on: August 23, 2022, 08:44:53 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #493 on: August 23, 2022, 08:45:26 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #494 on: August 23, 2022, 08:45:57 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch