Author Topic: Don't get PUSHY with me !  (Read 32310 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Don't get PUSHY with me !
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2020, 10:18:38 PM »
Thanks Russ , glad to have you following a long  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2020, 01:34:20 AM »
Have not dropped by recently Terri - I need to because this is one of the more important current builds......  I really like the cockpit interior and other details - in this scale you really can add detail which will be seen on the completed model.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2020, 10:05:41 AM »
Thanks Stephen , but I don't think this build is important , nothing special really . I also know that you have a thing for pusher aircraft so .. ;)

Made a bit of progress on the beast today , The right side frame rigging is replaced and for this I used mono line and brass tube for turnbuckles . Small holes were drilled all the way through . On the other side it now has a few whiskers which will need trimming . I'm replacing the stitching with PE items . I have some in 48 scale which match close to Rodens detail . Seat rail/frame is fixed in place and that's about it other then a bit of painting .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2020, 12:13:16 PM »
Great progress, Terri.  I have a thing for pushers too.  Don't tell anyone...

Dan  ;)

Offline Europapete

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2020, 12:46:42 PM »
yes,Terri, you are correct. My apologies. Gaspatch tend to be overscale. For most 1/32 kits turnbuckles use the 1/48 versions. BUT! as always, check photo's, as TB's did vary in size. Regards, Pete in RI.  Ps, Gaspatch are my go-to supplier of turnbuckles, Costas does a REALLY good job.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2020, 01:13:45 PM »
Nice interior work, colors look great. Looking forward for new updates.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »
Dan , your secret is safe with all of us ! ..Okay maybe not all of us per-say , some will sing song  ;)

Pete , you lost me here , don't recall mentioning Gaspatch turnbuckles so I'm not sure what I'm correct about ? ! Now take into account that several times through out the day blonde moments do occur   ;) But yes , Gaspatch does some really nice work in resin .

Thanks Giuseppe  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Europapete

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2020, 10:12:36 PM »
Oops!,  sorry,  that reply should have been over on Britmodeller lolol  Just having a senior moment, don't mind me.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2020, 12:30:05 AM »
Looks great, Terri!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2020, 04:59:12 AM »
Thanks Oldman ,

Looking at the rudder bar and the cables the rear support for the pulleys needs some work . The pulley themselves are more squared then round . So out comes the punch and I now how some disc for new ones . There is also two that are missing on the rear part of the cross member( seat frame ) , theses will get added as well .

Terri
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:02:11 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2020, 05:18:24 AM »
I really like the wrinkled fabric T. How did you do that? Nice work on the Pulleys!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 05:37:40 AM »
One of the disadvantages of working in the larger scales is that tiny details such as the pulleys might be visible on the completed model. At least in the True Scale that is not a problem! And in larger scales strip - down is the answer!!!!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2020, 08:55:06 AM »
Thanks Rick and Stephen ,

Rick , when I was removing the detail I notice that the tools marks gave the fabric areas a dis-stress look so I ran with it . I'm really not sure what these bits are called ( I got this from my Dad many moons ago ) but I found them to be perfeck for removing detail where sanding isn't an option .

Once the detail was removed I used different sizes and ran it over the surface in a zigg zagg pattern going in both directions left to right , top to bottom . And ran some Tamiya thin all over to level it off .

Stephen , yeah ...I'm not going the cut path , at least in 32 scale ....now 48 scale ...hummmmm ;) 

And here is what the pulleys look like . 16 bits of plastic to make these . There is a spacer ii between each disc with a grant line bolt head on top .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2020, 08:55:35 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2020, 08:07:25 PM »
Pulleys look superb Terri!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler