Author Topic: Don't get PUSHY with me !  (Read 31823 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Don't get PUSHY with me !
« on: September 14, 2020, 10:40:38 AM »
Once the Pfalz is off the bench the Camel will be more underway there will be some more room on the bench . I don't feel like doing anything WW 2 yet and it has been a while since my last 32 scale build so ......

Roden's DH-2 is the subject and few goodies to go with it .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Don't get PUSHY with me !
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 10:41:03 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 11:08:48 AM »
Great idea Terri. Show people the Roden DH2 can build into a very appealing model.

Des made the Roden kit some years back and a detailed build log is still on his website, which we maintain as a modelling resource and memorial to him.

https://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page12.html

Enjoy your build and please keep us posted with your progress.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 10:00:29 PM »
Nice choice for the engine.  I like Vector's stuff.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 10:52:01 PM »
Great project, Ma'am.

This model tempted me towards the large scale when it first came out. It's a great old aeroplane. Popular histories often present it as a 'response' to the Fokker Eindekker, but the prototype was on combat trials in July of 1915, before the Fokker was in any wide or successful operation.

I have a couple of Eduard kits in 1/72 that are beginning to glare accusingly from the shelves....

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 01:57:06 AM »
Welcome to the pusher club Terri - sometimes it gets a bit lonely here - well someone has got to keep the spirit alive!

I will be following with great interest - this one is right up my street. I have the old and not very accurate Revell kit in my collection which I made over 40 years ago! Yours will be very much better I am sure.

Stephen.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 05:16:37 AM by lone modeller »

Offline Europapete

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 04:37:02 AM »
Nice choice Terri. Eduard and HGW make nice PE sets, Brian Fawcett and Proper Plane do props, Taurus does a VERY nice engine and pulsometer, Aviattic do nice rib tapes and fabric decals, Photo etch, an accurate rudder and cowling, gaspatch for turnbuckles and m/g. Airscale do nice instrument faces, CSM for a pilot figure. If you need any references or have questions on details just ask. Regards, Pete in RI ps, the WNW website has a bunch of good ref photos.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 03:31:51 AM by Europapete »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 05:48:23 AM »
Outstanding choice Terri! I am following along of course!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 05:57:10 AM »
Wow, your next project on the horizon!

A lot of rigging in front of us ;)
A DH-2 is properly rigged when a mechanic releases a bird in the middle and it doesn't find it's way out 8)

Are the struts to the rear stable on the Roden kit? On my 1/48 Stripdown I replaced them by brass pipes.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »
Oh, yeah Terri!  This will be awesome.  Can't wait for you to start this one. 

Dan  ;)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 10:53:47 AM »
Hi guys !

Really glad to have you kind folks tag along on this as it develops on it's undertaking .

Dave , I believe all models can be built into something really special no matter who the manufacture is . It all lies in the skills of the modeller  ;)

Ken , I also like Vectors products but I mostly use them for my WW 2 ( mustangs ) builds . First time trying out their WW1 stuff .

Well OM you know you will have to pull one out of the stash . I have Eduards 48 scale kit but Roden won the coin toss .

Hey Stephen , not my first pusher that would be my FE-8 . This is my second one now and I do hope it turns out just as well as my last one .

Hi Euro , yes I know there is a fair amount on the market , but I got what I needed for the extras ,( empty pockets ) anything else that gets added I can added that detail my self . Thanks you for the offer on ref's ...you might have a few questions coming your way  ;)

Wouldn't be the same with out Rick  ;)

Frank , ja there is a lot of rigging but I'm up for the challenge . I'm not sure about the booms yet but from online builds they seem to do the trick ...only time will tell

Hey Dan , you made it ! ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline IanB

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
Great choice Terri, I'll be following along on this one.
Wrong scale though, but we can forgive you that one!  ;)

Ian

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 09:36:37 AM »
That's an easy fix Ian , just reduce the resolution on your computer screen to bring it into scale  ;)

Glad to have you tagging along  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline mgunns

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »
Hi Terri:

Great choice.  I will be tagging along to watch you "Pull a Rabbit out of your hat"!  It's a neat airplane, the rigging has always put me off but maybe it's time.  I know you will do an outstanding job on this old Chestnut.  You go Girl!
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online FAf

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 07:33:28 PM »
I've got a Dh.2 somewhere, not Rodens version though... I'll follow with the same great interest that I always have in your builds.
/Fredrik