Author Topic: Meng and Roden Fokker DR1: Jasta 4, Jasta 6, and Jasta 11  (Read 67467 times)

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Re: Meng and Roden Fokker DR1: Jasta 4 and Jasta 6.
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2020, 01:23:24 AM »
Glad to have you back Rick, although you were never really gone of course...

I share your enthusiasm about this Community of Modelers. It is heart warming, and it kept me going in the early moments of my HP V/1500 build in moments of despair...

Willem

Offline petrov27

« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2020, 02:43:20 AM »
Glad to see you are back on it!

If you need any spare parts from a Roden DrI please let me know as I have some...
-Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2020, 04:28:01 AM »
   Atta Boy Rick, back to the bench already with even more! It's so nice to see the spirit and generosity of this Forum in action, and also the determination you are demonstrating by re-starting this project. The salvaged cockpit looks terrific as will the resulting finished model!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Monty

« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2020, 04:28:31 AM »
So good to have you busy on this one, Rick! Meng insides into the Roden kit... very interesting! We follow and appreciate... Regards, Marc.

Bughunter

« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2020, 04:33:06 AM »
I'm really glad that the community, all of us, could put up the catch net so quickly and caught you!
Now we get even a kit bash ;D

Have fun!
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2020, 05:53:20 AM »
A kit bash , even better !

Glad to see you back in the saddle Rick  :) The members of our community are fantastic and will always step up to the plate to help !!!

Seems the Meng cockpit fits in Rodens fuselage pretty good with a bit of trimming .  :)

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2020, 07:12:31 AM »
It's in our blood!
Carry on!

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Borsos

« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2020, 07:46:14 AM »
No giving up, but rising the bar instead, that‘s really great sports  :)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2020, 08:21:24 AM »
Thanks again to all for the comments: So finished the tweaking, more or less. I will need to adjust the MG attachment but I think it is going to work.
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Meng and Roden Fokker DR1: Jasta 4, Jasta 6, and Jasta 11
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2020, 10:29:58 AM »
That looks really good Rick , nice tight fit  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline mgunns

« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2020, 02:39:34 PM »
Good on yer Rick!  Glad to see you up and at 'em in true RAGIII Fashion and making stellar progress with the "Mengden" amalgamation.  It looks promising Rick and I think you are past the largest hurdle, the rest is modeling as usual.  Looking forward to seeing this bad boy shine.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2020, 04:28:11 AM »
That looks really good Rick , nice tight fit  :)

Terri

Thanks Terri! It is looking hopeful as the attached photo will show. Just in case I plan to build the Roden interior also  ::)
RAGIII

Good on yer Rick!  Glad to see you up and at 'em in true RAGIII Fashion and making stellar progress with the "Mengden" amalgamation.  It looks promising Rick and I think you are past the largest hurdle, the rest is modeling as usual.  Looking forward to seeing this bad boy shine.

Thanks Mark! Like I said it looks Hopeful so far! Just need to repair the wires and stuff that were damaged removing the interior from the Meng fuselage and add the triangular panels....then paint , weather the interior, etc.
RAGIII

PS: A few more tweaks needed!

and just for fun a close up of the other Jasta 4 Roden kit:

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2020, 04:42:01 AM »
Rick,

My visits to the forum are very erratic at the moment so I have only just read about your second disaster....... I am lost for words, the more so since the streaking on the Fokker is truly exceptionally good. I am so pleased to read that you have managed to recover some of your equilibrium too - not easy given the circumstances, but commendable none the less.

It is sooo good to see that you have started again - after all disasters should not be barriers - rather challenges to be overcome. (Not that that view is easy to takejust after a major blow). Please do not leave us on this forum - you are such a highly valued member. Do what you have done - go away for a few days to calm down and then come back and show us how well you can make models which undoubtedly inspire the rest of us. I am sure that I write for most when I state that I too have nearly given up - as on the DH1A earlier this year when I knocked the top wing off.....-I nealry binned it but not quite, and I am pleased that I dd not.

I am ceetain that you are going to present us with not two but THREE excellent triplanes in the not too distant future, and do you know what? I can't wait!

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2020, 06:57:16 AM »
Rick,

My visits to the forum are very erratic at the moment so I have only just read about your second disaster....... I am lost for words, the more so since the streaking on the Fokker is truly exceptionally good. I am so pleased to read that you have managed to recover some of your equilibrium too - not easy given the circumstances, but commendable none the less.

It is sooo good to see that you have started again - after all disasters should not be barriers - rather challenges to be overcome. (Not that that view is easy to takejust after a major blow). Please do not leave us on this forum - you are such a highly valued member. Do what you have done - go away for a few days to calm down and then come back and show us how well you can make models which undoubtedly inspire the rest of us. I am sure that I write for most when I state that I too have nearly given up - as on the DH1A earlier this year when I knocked the top wing off.....-I nealry binned it but not quite, and I am pleased that I dd not.

I am ceetain that you are going to present us with not two but THREE excellent triplanes in the not too distant future, and do you know what? I can't wait!

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen, Like I said I Never Intended to leave the Forum but the responses gave Me New Hope to continue posting builds! So in that spirit here is the latest on the Roden Jasta 4 bird: I have begun to weather using oils, burnt sienna, burnt umber, gold ochre, and black. My thought is that this is an older airframe passed down from Jasta 11 to Jasta 4. Therefore I have gone just a Tad heavier on the weathering.

RAGIII

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 08:40:30 AM by RAGIII »

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »
Beautiful job on the weathering Rick ! Man that looks awesome  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch