Author Topic: Pick your own markings for CSM NIeuport RFC Service  (Read 5542 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: Pick your own markings for CSM NIeuport RFC Service
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 12:51:15 PM »
Next suggestion ; There are enough good ideas here for two whole sets of decals.   Just as with the Italian decals, could it be worth doing a set of decals that could be bought as an extra, with some of these additional options on it?  Perhaps some other nations as well?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing someone do some Storks and Lafayette Escadrille Markings. That being said I hope it is Copper State.
RAGIII
i'd be very keen on this, especially Storks.

i have plans to order 11 more CSM Nieuports, i could add to that (i'm one of those driven by the pilot/story of a particular ship more than aircraft type, aircraft beauty, or engineering marvels)

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »
also, if Tom Falcon Hazell flew the wrong kind of Nieuport i'd be interested in Keith Caldwell's, but Hazell must have flown a lot of Nieuports.

Offline Dave J

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 05:03:18 PM »
I was going to say Sous-lieutenant Marcel Robert Bloch with the Rocking Horse on the side of it.. Once I clicked post I saw it had to be an RFC machine... So that rules that one out :o

I thought Caldwell only flew the Nieuport 17 with No.60 Squadron.

Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline kellerkind

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 09:29:08 PM »
I have two ideas to this:
1. what is with an "training aircraft machine"? Like this ones (I know, the sample pics shown no Nieports but perhaps there are some machines they used for training) I like the unusual colorfull scheme.
2. What ist with a "caprtured by te Germans" machine?

Best regards,
Martin

pics found here on FB: https://www.facebook.com/MontroseAirStation/posts/3003707453040703?__cft__[0]=AZUcL0-y91xgv2Fa766oP2nevTC_PDrS5Vih0kfxY8sJA4Sx_y4Lsd8ZzaSXUJKGQDdHmdUaaIyIkMv0KL44k0_t4B51GhEDG9LpebrhF4QMMGdcekhV_JvB4M2FsczQZZB792X_nYBIbWLVksG0AsKu6pxk2prJydJo04tuJPXerLSJIWNJb3jycufmLue1agQ&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 05:39:25 AM »
Since there are already three "aces", I'd like to suggest something else; on page 20 of the Osprey Jasta 18 Red Noses book there are two photographs of a Nieuport A6678 (although an A machine it is captioned as a XXIII, but I'm not sure of the differences in cowl design. The photo clearly shows the type of cowl but I'm not sure what to look for)
This aircraft was brought down by Ltn. Paul Strähle for his seventh victory, unfortunately the pilot (LT Anthony) died from his wounds in a German hospital. This scheme would be a tribute to all those lesser or unknow pilots who risked their lives but did not live to see the Armistice.

Jeroen
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 05:47:05 AM by jeroen_R90S »

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2020, 12:40:00 PM »
Next suggestion ; There are enough good ideas here for two whole sets of decals.   Just as with the Italian decals, could it be worth doing a set of decals that could be bought as an extra, with some of these additional options on it?  Perhaps some other nations as well?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing someone do some Storks and Lafayette Escadrille Markings. That being said I hope it is Copper State.
RAGIII
Nice idea
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2020, 12:46:21 PM »
Since there are already three "aces", I'd like to suggest something else; on page 20 of the Osprey Jasta 18 Red Noses book there are two photographs of a Nieuport A6678 (although an A machine it is captioned as a XXIII, but I'm not sure of the differences in cowl design. The photo clearly shows the type of cowl but I'm not sure what to look for)
This aircraft was brought down by Ltn. Paul Strähle for his seventh victory, unfortunately the pilot (LT Anthony) died from his wounds in a German hospital. This scheme would be a tribute to all those lesser or unknow pilots who risked their lives but did not live to see the Armistice.

Jeroen
Yes thanks a tribute to the more unknown/ fallen to balance with bullshit artist Bishop.
Apologies in advance. You can take or leave this view/opinion.
PS found some interesting (camo) scheme for N 27 but not much for N 23/4. I’m happy with the current schemes and Ball but will have another look. Best of luck gentlemen! Daz out
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 12:51:01 PM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2020, 03:47:34 PM »
I just hope it has the right cowling (being an "A" series aircraft).
Does anyone know what to look for? (might also be of interest for aftermarket decals or masks?)