Author Topic: AMC DH.9a (1/32,Wingnut Wings)  (Read 10457 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: AMC DH.9a (1/32,Wingnut Wings)
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2020, 06:55:36 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  I have one of these in the stash.  Nice to know the instructions have adequate reference pics.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2020, 07:02:41 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  I have one of these in the stash.  Nice to know the instructions have adequate reference pics.

But please note that only the war version has the instructions with the engine photos  ;)
Contrary to this, the war version kit does not contain the vital PE element for the pilot rudder bar which should protrude through the slots in the fuselage sides  ::)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »

But please note that only the war version has the instructions with the engine photos  ;)
Contrary to this, the war version kit does not contain the vital PE element for the pilot rudder bar which should protrude through the slots in the fuselage sides  ::)

At the moment, you can still access the instructions sheets for all WNW models, on the original website.  I don't know how long that will remain, but it's a great reference site especially when making a same type model from a different manufacturer or scale.

Back to this build, it is one I am following closely as PrzemoL is a master craftsman!

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2020, 06:28:08 AM »
The engine is now complete. The seams on the fuselage are still being treated and while the CA glue is setting I have turned my attention to the lovely PE set for the spoked wheels from Pheon.

Offline Jammed Vickers

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2020, 04:29:52 AM »
Beautiful work on the engine, Przemol.  Up to your usual standards.
Wayne

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared."

Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker, 94th Pursuit Squadron, AEF

Bughunter

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2020, 05:20:07 PM »
Again a big "WOW"!
I always impressed by the combination of such a beautiful detailed WNW kit in the hands of a masterful modeler.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2020, 07:28:47 PM »
Beautiful work!

Those PE wheels look daunting, I had to do some in 1/72 some years ago and found the toughest part to get the outward "bend" just right. I suppose you could use one of the covered wheels as a jig, now that I think about it some. Nonetheless, I'm sure they'll end up looking great!

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2020, 07:42:45 PM »
Thanks, everyone.

Beautiful work!

Those PE wheels look daunting, I had to do some in 1/72 some years ago and found the toughest part to get the outward "bend" just right. I suppose you could use one of the covered wheels as a jig, now that I think about it some. Nonetheless, I'm sure they'll end up looking great!

Actually I have already completed the wheels assembly. Here the PE is very carefully designed and made by Rowan from Pheon - the bend spots are suitably thinner and the all bending process goes without any fuss - I have followed the very detailed and clever instructions (1. Attach the axis hub to the flat spoke side. 2. Glue this set to the WNW tyre. 3. Attach the unbent spoke part to the hub. 4. Bend it segment after segment to touch the tyre rim. 5. Hide the minor misalignment of rim segments by the additional PE ring.) All in all a pleasure to work on.
I will take the photos after the wheels are painted.

Offline fixman

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2020, 08:35:34 PM »
very nice work here....super details I like this

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2020, 09:42:15 PM »
Nice work on the wheels, Przemol.
Another question, if you would indulge me, I see you cut the engine cowling just behind the engine to get the engine into the fuse.  Will the engine not fit into the fuse if the fuse halves are joined together?  It looks like the instructions direct one to mount the engine in the frame before closing up the fuse?

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
Thank you for your kind comments.

Nice work on the wheels, Przemol.
Another question, if you would indulge me, I see you cut the engine cowling just behind the engine to get the engine into the fuse.  Will the engine not fit into the fuse if the fuse halves are joined together?  It looks like the instructions direct one to mount the engine in the frame before closing up the fuse?

The kit instruction clearly shows to put the engine on the bearers before closing the fuselage. If you try to insert it afterwards then it does not enter. It would but without the magnetos and the camshaft rods - I was dryfitting the enging without these bits and thus came to the wrong conclusion that it would be possible to install it later - which is what I prefer due to masking for airbrushing the fuselage. Unfortunately now I have two extra seams to treat and the careful masking of the engine will still be necessary ;)

Online RAGIII

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 10:58:36 PM »
Engine and wheels look Fantastic! Ken has a sharp eye as I didn't notice the extra seam. I guess we all make errors , although you don't very often you do Much Better at fixing yours than I do  8)

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline eclarson

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2020, 01:22:41 AM »
The kit instruction clearly shows to put the engine on the bearers before closing the fuselage. If you try to insert it afterwards then it does not enter. It would but without the magnetos and the camshaft rods - I was dryfitting the enging without these bits and thus came to the wrong conclusion that it would be possible to install it later - which is what I prefer due to masking for airbrushing the fuselage. Unfortunately now I have two extra seams to treat and the careful masking of the engine will still be necessary ;)

Great work on your Ninak, Przemol!  I nearly got caught with the engine installation on mine.  I too thought it could be installed later but fortunately tried dry-fitting it with the magnetos attached and before closing the fuselage.   At least the surgery required to get your engine in wasn't too bad.   Putting the engine cover in place helps with the masking too.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Early Bird Fan

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2020, 02:19:19 AM »
what an awesome build, the interior detail and wood effect is simply stunning and that engine looks superb. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this build come together

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2020, 10:50:46 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :)

That's all I got  !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .