Author Topic: AMC DH.9a (1/32,Wingnut Wings)  (Read 10408 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: AMC DH.9a (1/32,Wingnut Wings)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 02:27:38 AM »
Got to agree with Rick: absolutely stunning painting and finish of the interior.

Stephen.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 04:41:19 AM »
Beautiful interiors, everything looks the real thing. Looking forward to the next steps.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 05:07:30 AM »
Thank you, everyone.

Well, now the build goes in two parallel paths. For path one - the fuselage is closed, the seams filled with liquid CA glue, now curing before sanding and smoothing starts.
For path two - not to waste time, I have turned my attention to the Liberty engine. First of all I have realized that the war version of WNW Ninak instruction has two pages of excellent reference photos not included in the post-war version. But the most important thing is that I found the treasure here, in the Des' website - His masterful enhancement of the WNW Liberty engine. I will try to follow his steps as well as my skills allow. So I have
i) cut the gaps between cylinders,
ii) prepared small priming cups (some spare resin bits with fine 2mm rods ready to drill the holes and install the soldering wire bits as valves),
iii) drilled the holes in the top intake manifolds to for them
iv) decided not to exchange the spark plugs aware that my possible replacements would not necessarily be any enhancements
v) corrected the electric wire lead - WNW prepared the holes for 24 cables on the upper side and omitted the holes at the front for two front spark cables as well as the inlet at the rear where the cables from the magnetos enter the lead.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 05:17:07 AM »
DAMN! That is Incredible Work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline smperry

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2020, 05:26:32 AM »
Double what Rick said. You must have kicked NASA out of one of their clean rooms that is so neat. Something for us all to shoot for even if most can't come near. A real inspiration.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »
Eye candy for sure  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 06:34:24 AM »
Progress on the engine - basic bits coloured and subassembled. New bits - electric wires, hose clamps and air installation made from scratch (wires, self-adhesive foil, plastic rods...), the rest are the kit parts. One last missing bit is the fuel installation - three pipes and a filter to be scratched, too.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 06:42:43 AM »
Outstanding detailing and painting as always. Another top notch engine in the making!
RAGIII

Offline smperry

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 10:32:42 AM »
Is the banding on the hose pieces paint or tape? In either case it is masterfully applied. Same can of course  be said about the rest of the photos.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2020, 07:53:01 AM »
Is the banding on the hose pieces paint or tape? In either case it is masterfully applied. Same can of course  be said about the rest of the photos.
sp

The silver clamps are self-adhesive foil. The intake manifold cooling pipes had the imitation of rubber banding added - this from the Aizu masking tape 1mm wide painted black.

And the subsequent steps of the engine assembly and installing... In the meantime I realized that with the camshafts and magnetos installe the engine will not jump onto its bearers (after all the assembly instruction should be followed... :( ). So I had to cut off temporarily the oil pump at the bottom and two bits of rear engine cowling - they are glued back but the seams on the latter will have to be treated...
And I will have to add the manufacturer plate decals at the nose as well as some dirt in visible places.

The silvery grain in the photos is mostly due to flash photography.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2020, 08:32:53 AM »
Absolutely Outstanding Przemol!
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2020, 10:48:36 AM »
Beautiful work on the details !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »
Thanks for the information on the hose clamps. That is a really lovely engine.
sp

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2020, 06:44:27 PM »
Looking good, Przemol.  A dark wash on the valve train will really bring out the detail!
Are you using additional reference sources other than the instructions for the engine detailing?

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2020, 06:53:24 PM »
Thank you, everyone.

Looking good, Przemol.  A dark wash on the valve train will really bring out the detail!
Are you using additional reference sources other than the instructions for the engine detailing?

Yes, the wash is already working, the photos will come later.  ;)
And no, I did not find any other reference better than what is in the WNW instructions or what Des used to detail his masterpiece.