Author Topic: Release the FOKKERS!!!!  (Read 18822 times)

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: Release the FOKKERS!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 03:20:03 AM »
Yes I imagine there's gonna be some really nice post war decals coming around from the after market guys. 
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 03:21:40 AM »
Hate to sound like a bit of a Grinch, but I can wait a bit on the Fokker. With a Biff, SE and Albi here, and awaiting the Sopwith Triplane and Snipe, I'm good for the time being. But to you of the younger generation, full of the expectations and enthusiasm of youth...knock yourselves out, and have a great time doing it! Good luck with all of your future DVII builds!   ;D  :D  ;D

Sopwith Triplane arrived this morning. Hmmm...if I cull the herd a bit more...maybe.....    ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline mgunns

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 03:57:33 AM »
Well, I popped for the OAW version.  I will have to sneak this in under the ever watchful nose of SWMBO.  I have been reading about Bruno Loezer's markings, but I searched all the kits and the additional markings and couldn't find it anywhere.

L8R

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Galloway

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:25 AM »
Knowing next to nothing about the D.VII, if I wanted to do a Canadian captured version, which kit should I buy?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

I'm not sure???? But after a quick glance at two of the three kits and their instructions ...... I think they all contain the same parts/parts layout..... I may be wrong as it was a quick once over???

Ken

"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline kornbeef

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 05:06:51 AM »
Well, I popped for the OAW version.  I will have to sneak this in under the ever watchful nose of SWMBO.  I have been reading about Bruno Loezer's markings, but I searched all the kits and the additional markings and couldn't find it anywhere.

L8R

Mark
It isnt one of the given options, I can guess a complete sheet of Jasta 26 birds will appear in the near future from WNW or others.  It's just a profile I'd love to do in 1/32nd, simple if you have the right national markings and some near black paint  :o

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »
  Too many choices to choose from,but for now I think I pop for the OAW version . I like the U 10 option for some reason. I'll likely wait until after Christmas though. But on the bright side my brace of Sopwith Tripe's and the DH-2 arrived today.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline mgunns

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »
Knowing next to nothing about the D.VII, if I wanted to do a Canadian captured version, which kit should I buy?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

I'm not sure???? But after a quick glance at two of the three kits and their instructions ...... I think they all contain the same parts/parts layout..... I may be wrong as it was a quick once over???

Ken

The parts layout is pretty much the same, but; there are different parts.  In the OAW version the cowling sections are on "J", on the Fokker version they are on "I" and they are different, so; it looks as if the modeler wants a Fokker version, he/she will have to buy the Fokker version.  Clever folks those Wingnut folks.

Mark
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:56:06 AM by mgunns »
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:35 AM »
Bit on the Fokker and Albie versions..  It's impossible to resist.. :(

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 07:40:10 AM »
I'm gonna wait until I've settled into my new mancave before I go berserk with the old credit card  :o ;D

Von sieben Hobbit

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 08:14:02 AM »
Hate to sound like a bit of a Grinch, but I can wait a bit on the Fokker. With a Biff, SE and Albi here, and awaiting the Sopwith Triplane and Snipe, I'm good for the time being. But to you of the younger generation, full of the expectations and enthusiasm of youth...knock yourselves out, and have a great time doing it! Good luck with all of your future DVII builds!   ;D  :D  ;D

Sopwith Triplane arrived this morning. Hmmm...if I cull the herd a bit more...maybe.....    ;D

Canadian Fokker DVII. I may have second thoughts about waiting a bit...!:

The officer is Captain Andrew McKeever, highest scoring Biff ace of the war with 30 victories, whose a/c is the subject of the "mini-group build" by Lance, Chris and me.
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 08:25:36 AM »
Keith,

thanks for the earlier info on variants and boxings, etc.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Alamotom

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 11:34:59 AM »
Just ordered the OAW. Fokker heaven!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »
Gary,
    So much for my speculation on the Alb. Built origin for this one in my PM; all I had to do was read the (*&*((%$* Serial Number with "OAW" as a suffix! DOOOOOOOOOHH! As I said, fascinating stuff this.
Cheers,
Lance :-[

Offline kornbeef

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
WNW must be pulling out all the stops... I got my *your order has shipped* notice this morning, Now its up to the couriers to spoil Xmas again

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »
Got my ship notice yesterday too.  Based on past experience, I should have them in hand in about a week.  :D