Author Topic: Special Hobby Lloyd C.V 1/48  (Read 22733 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: Special Hobby Lloyd C.V 1/48
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2020, 10:52:13 PM »
Great looking interior bits, Terri.

This is shaping up to be one of your great builds!

I'm envying you being able to ride.  They've closed all the riding areas around here - the state park, the national forest, the experimental forest, - everything.  I'm getting fat and lazy.

Offline Monty

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2020, 01:55:55 AM »
Great progress Terri, looking good and some lovely, warm wood tones... Well done! Marc.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2020, 07:34:30 AM »
This just continues to get better with every update Terri.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2020, 10:14:54 PM »
Thanks a lot guys for chiming in with your kind comments  :)

Ken , I feel for you . Next trail i hit will be for you  ;)

Made a bit more progress yesterday by getting the cockpit installed and the halves glued up . Over all fit of the cockpit tub was pretty good . I did have to do some more light sanding on the exposed side of the pit for a better fit . When the glue was set the seems got sanded and out came the putty . While that was setting up I tuned my attention to the tail bits and freed the control surfaces and added hinge detail and pins for mounting later .  Seems have been sanded again waiting for a splash of paint to see if more putty needs to be added .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2020, 10:15:21 PM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2020, 10:15:45 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2020, 10:16:11 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2020, 10:16:41 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2020, 12:17:15 AM »
You are fast and effective! The cockpit with all the wooden parts looks nice.
Glueing the fuselage together always has something of a farewell to the beautiful details in the cockpit. So it is nice to have at least the pictures.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Radarman

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2020, 12:19:51 AM »
Terri,
This is a great one to follow. I do like the verity of subjects you work on.

Looking forward to the next update,
                                                                                               Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2020, 12:57:12 AM »
Awesome interior Terri! that is some Serious clamping going on  ;D Nice start on the tail feathers also!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2020, 10:35:41 AM »
Frank , not sure on being fast but I do plan out each step ahead of time , which in turn makes the build easier .

Thanks Kevin , I try to be different  ;)

Rick , not much clamping force needed . I use these to save on tape . Tamiya tape here is on the pricey side , but it is handy for areas the clamps won't work .

End of weekend progress report .

All the hinge detail is finished on the tail and main wings . In the instructions there is the option to leave the top wing solid or cut it down the center section . Well out comes the scriber and with in a few minutes it became two parts . So how is the pinning going to work . Since a 2mm spacer needs to be added in between them . I mount the struts after clean up gluing only the top end . I drilled out some 0.10mm round stock and cutting 2mm length sections . These I glued to the tops and a brass pin on the extra long side . The center bar is 0.9mm rod and this is a far as I got on the fuselage details . I still have a few more bits to added . Landing gear is also under way , but I'm having fit issue with at the moment .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2020, 10:36:09 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2020, 10:38:00 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2020, 10:38:32 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch