Author Topic: Special Hobby Lloyd C.V 1/48  (Read 22712 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Special Hobby Lloyd C.V 1/48
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:21:35 AM »
My next adventure is this neat little bird and perfect company for the Hansa on the shelf now . Being very keen on the out come of my last wooden wonder I want to give it another go and see where this one takes me . I have no info on this type so not sure on the level of detail which will be added , just want an enjoyable build  :)

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

Re: Special Hobby Lloyd C.V 1/48
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 07:36:46 PM »
Terri, so my question, what's next, is already answered.
There are two variants of this kit, yours from 2002 is Series 46, and in 2018 the kit was released again with light modifications as Series 82 (different engines and radiators). I have both kits in stash :D

May be you want to go the hard way and try to plate the whole fuselage and wings with real wood, as Chloe Plattner has done some years ago. Thst is a beautiful model!
http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/aviation/Special_Hobby_1_48_Lloyd_C_V.php

Cheers,
Frank

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 10:53:59 PM »
As always I will follow with interest Terri!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 02:42:16 AM »
I do like these A-H biplanes Terri, so I am sure you will not mind if I follow along.

Stephen.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 05:50:45 AM »
You're back in to bat straight away. Glad about that, Ioved your last build and this is another unusual subject.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 10:34:08 AM »
Thanks guys , hope not to disappoint you guys .

Frank , thanks for sharing the link . I have come across that build before and he did a remarkable undertaking . No I'm not doing the verner covering . , would have the patience for that .

Stephen , you are always more then welcome to follow along  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline IanB

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 04:44:25 AM »
I'll take a seat for this one Terri. I have the 1:72 kit in my stash, actually one of the very first kits I bought when I got back into the hobby!

Ian

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 10:16:36 AM »
Thanks Ian , glad to have you tagging along . Will have some progress this weekend ...

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »
It was a  (flat f  k friday) type this into your web browser  ;) pissed myself laughing !!! at work today and I needed some bench time to clear the mind . I start getting the parts ready for clean up and go over the detail , resin bits aren't overly all that bad , but they are very basic and some very thin and care will be needed on cleaning this up . I don't like the resin gun so will opp for Tom's Model Works PE one . Only the stock part will get used ...maybe .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 01:55:25 PM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 01:56:30 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 01:57:02 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 12:04:08 AM »
Terrific start Terri! Looking forward to more!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 03:58:40 AM »
Thanks Rick , made a start on getting some the parts painted . The engine parts I sprayed Tamiya semi gloss black in prep for the metal shades coming next . Cockpit parts got sprayed Tamiya Wooden deck tan . There are no colour call outs of the parts so will have some online checking into this .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 03:59:06 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch