Author Topic: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke  (Read 87914 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke
« Reply #660 on: September 05, 2020, 07:48:43 AM »
You are on a roll Rick , rigging is looking really sweet so for and it already looks tight . I also see that the pic's of the figures are back . I must say that you did a really nice job with the use of acrylics on painting the faces . How did you find them ?

Terri

Thanks Terri. I am progressing on the rigging and have one of the three close to being finished. As for My experience with painting figures with Acrylics, I really like them. One must consider that it is a different process than using Oils. I have watched a couple of Videos and the one thing that was very different was starting with highlights.I do like the drying time difference but will need to work on the whole "wet" pallet thing.  I have MUCH to learn so hopefully My future figures will get better  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #661 on: September 06, 2020, 11:29:34 AM »
Rigging done on the Rickenbacker SPAD, just need to paint and touch up a few wires.
RAGIII

PS: I have also begun the Rickenbacker Bust. Still Lots to do:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 11:45:01 AM by RAGIII »

Offline Vickers

« Reply #662 on: September 06, 2020, 11:37:27 AM »
That is one beautiful SPAD, Rick. This has been a very enjoyable build to follow and you've really knocked this one out of the park. More pics!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline smperry

« Reply #663 on: September 06, 2020, 11:45:02 AM »
Can't tell you had a lick of trouble with the struts and rigging. You really completed a fine Spad and set the bar higher for us all.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #664 on: September 06, 2020, 11:18:24 PM »
Now that is going to look beautiful in my display case  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #665 on: September 07, 2020, 12:35:10 AM »
The rigging is very nice!
What is the source of that PE parts? If that is from a set of the company 'Parts' may be there is a 1/48 SPAD set too.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Europapete

« Reply #666 on: September 07, 2020, 12:46:27 AM »
Awesome build Rick, and a hearty congrats on the rigging. Well done. Regards Pete in RI

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #667 on: September 07, 2020, 01:02:04 AM »
That is one beautiful SPAD, Rick. This has been a very enjoyable build to follow and you've really knocked this one out of the park. More pics!

Thanks for the Kind comment! One down and two to go  8) More pics when all three are done!
RAGIII

Can't tell you had a lick of trouble with the struts and rigging. You really completed a fine Spad and set the bar higher for us all.
sp

Thanks SP, your support and suggestions have been appreciated ! The three SPADS won't win any contests but will look good in the case from 3 feet out  ;D
RAGIII

What is the source of that PE parts? If that is from a set of the company 'Parts' may be there is a 1/48 SPAD set too.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Terri! I appreciate you following along!
RAGIII

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank! The PE is from the 1/32nd scale Nieuport 28 set by Part. I know they make one in 1/48th but perhaps they make a set for the 13 or 7 in that scale also. With your talent in making struts and soldering I am sure you will make a far better effort when you build yours!
RAGIII

Awesome build Rick, and a hearty congrats on the rigging. Well done. Regards Pete in RI

Thanks Pete. Greatly appreciate your comments!
RAGIII

Offline FAf

« Reply #668 on: September 07, 2020, 07:01:53 AM »
Great looking planes as well as figures! I've been so inspired that I've started on an Eduard SPAD kit... It's resting until I've finished some other stuff though.
/Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #669 on: September 07, 2020, 08:24:57 AM »
Great looking planes as well as figures! I've been so inspired that I've started on an Eduard SPAD kit... It's resting until I've finished some other stuff though.
/Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik! I am sure the Bust will get stripped at least once but the others are moving along nicely  8)
RAGIII

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #670 on: September 08, 2020, 02:09:46 AM »
The SPAD looks terrific, Rick!  This will really be a display when all three are finished side by side.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2020, 07:54:48 AM »
The SPAD looks terrific, Rick!  This will really be a display when all three are finished side by side.

Thanks Ken! SPAD XIII #2 is now almost complete. Lukes bird has the main rigging done and just needs touch up and some wires painted.
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #672 on: September 09, 2020, 01:13:07 AM »
Two lovely Spads almost done Rick. The figures/bust are also shaping into stunning additions to the aircraft. These are going to look very eye-catching indeed in the display cabinet.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #673 on: September 09, 2020, 02:15:41 AM »
Two lovely Spads almost done Rick. The figures/bust are also shaping into stunning additions to the aircraft. These are going to look very eye-catching indeed in the display cabinet.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. One More to go now, then the final touch up on all three  8)
RAGIII

Offline RichieW

« Reply #674 on: September 09, 2020, 03:10:37 AM »
Hiya Rick, hope you're well. I've been away for a while desperately trying to rebuild my guitar technique after breaking my thumb. The Spads are looking terrific. I still have a particular fondness for Eddie's bird but that's only because he was such an extroverted aventurer and I built (extremely badly) a 1/72 version under the supervision of my dad when I was 7.  :)