Author Topic: Revell 1/28 Scale Fokker D.VII  (Read 31985 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: Revell 1/28 Scale Fokker D.VII
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2020, 07:39:48 AM »
Continuing to be Awesome work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2020, 03:14:42 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Love the owl AND the gun!  Looks ready to fire.  Great work.

Dan

Bughunter

« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2020, 11:26:27 PM »
I really like birds and observe them from time to time with my spotting scope, so I like your little friend too!

Every single part you show here is a piece of art after you put a lot of attention to it! Thanks for showing your great work.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2020, 05:30:53 AM »
The amminition boxes look the part and will add an extra touch of realism. Good bird photo too-oo!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2020, 12:31:37 PM »
Thumbs up Kevin !  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Radarman

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2020, 12:37:00 AM »
Hello everyone,
Thanks to one and all for the positive support you're providing for this build. With the current situation
in the world this feedback is much appreciated.

I've about wrapped up the modifications to the fuselage. Some of the latest work involved correcting
the area between the cockpit and engine.

As you can see, the kit comes with just a square cutout.

I've corrected this area to work with the ammo and belt boxes I've constructed. The cutout for the de-compression
handle has been enlarged, also.

Another item needing attention was the shroud over the fuel gauge. I carved a basic shape from wood.

I debated whether to plunge form it or cast it in resin. I ended up casting it and hollowing it out for a better look.

So, with these modification completed I will move on to finishing the cockpit and getting the fuselage closed up.

Thanks again everyone and Happy Modeling!
                                                                                                                              Kevin

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:23:56 AM by Radarman »
We are all victims of history!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2020, 01:38:19 AM »
More excellent work Kevin! The gauge cover looks excellent as do the new cutouts!
RAGIII

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2020, 04:50:09 AM »
Awesome work -I also cant believe how clean your model looks! Mine invariably end up looking like a mess of filler, primer, paint and dust before primer...

Offline RichieW

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2020, 07:45:09 AM »
Lovely work Kevin, the fuel gauge shroud look superb. I'm enjoying seeing the skillful modifications you are performing. Very inspiring work.

Richie

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »
That's awesome, Kevin!  One of my pet peeves is details like that along a seam.  You've done a great improvement.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Radarman

« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2020, 01:30:38 AM »
Hello everyone,
Thanks for following my build.
More excellent work Kevin! The gauge cover looks excellent as do the new cutouts!
RAGIII
Lovely work Kevin, the fuel gauge shroud look superb. I'm enjoying seeing the skillful modifications you are performing. Very inspiring work.

Richie
That's awesome, Kevin!  One of my pet peeves is details like that along a seam.  You've done a great improvement.

Gaz

Yes, trying to clean up a small seam in that area was a recipe for disaster, and this build has plenty of those ahead.

Awesome work -I also cant believe how clean your model looks! Mine invariably end up looking like a mess of filler, primer, paint and dust before primer...

jerome_R90S, I try to keep the work area fairly clean and work in stages. I've had to make a conscious effort do this. It slows the progress but works for me.

Anyway, I've started adding the cockpit details. Because most of it is scratch built or from Tom's Modelworks, there is no guarantee it will all fit.
I applied Aviattic reverse lozenge to the sides and built some framing. From there the throttle, ignition control and pump were added.

So that's were I am today, maybe I can close it up in a week.

Thanks again and Happy Modeling!

Kevin         

Online RAGIII

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »
The Interior Lozenge, Throttle, and pump all look great. Looking forward to your  next  update!
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2020, 02:47:43 AM »
Very good looking details in the interior of the cockpit, and very clean work on the cutouts and covers.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2020, 03:52:33 AM »
Excellent work on the fuselage mods and those cockpit pick details are super ! Looking really good Kevin  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Radarman

« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2020, 05:22:57 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm happy my attempts at scratch building have earned your praise. This has been a
great training ground for future plans rolling around in my head. Or, perhaps, I should say,
"Ich habe einen Vogel". Maybe I'm a bit nuts.

Here's my progress.

The cockpit has all the components installed and the next step is adding the BMW engine.
I hope to have it all closed up over the next few days. This build has required a lot of pre-planning
to ensure nothing is forgotten and to minimize the snags. All the matting surfaces will be cleaned up
to ensure a good bond with the glue. Once the fuselage is closed up I'll clean up the seams and add
the ammo feed and spent shell shoots along with the other bits.

Thanks for looking and Happy Modeling!
                                                                                                                          Kevin