Author Topic: Revell 1/28 Scale Fokker D.VII  (Read 31963 times)

Offline smperry

Re: Revell 1/28 Scale Fokker D.VII
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2020, 06:09:22 AM »
Very nice!
You have to look hard to tell it isn't an unmodified kit part. Really great modeling Kevin.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2020, 06:20:01 AM »
The results of your work on the panels is incredible! Like SP said, One can't tell it from a well made kit part!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Radarman

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2020, 07:52:23 AM »
Very nice!
You have to look hard to tell it isn't an unmodified kit part. Really great modeling Kevin.
sp

The results of your work on the panels is incredible! Like SP said, One can't tell it from a well made kit part!
RAGIII

Thanks guys. A lick of Tamiya Primer and it matches the Revell plastic.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Radarman

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2020, 05:06:06 AM »
Hello everyone,
I have continued with my efforts to modify this kit to reflect a late build D.VII F. The radiator and it's shell were very generic so I set
to work on this. I've thinned out the area where the pipe enters the upper radiator tank of the and added the sheet metal fairing that
protects the pipe. Some aircraft had this removed, apparently, but the photo of the aircraft I'm building has it in place.

I've also made a basic looking radiator to fill the void.

Next up was modifying the kit firewall. I removed the unrealistic details, corrected the shape, adding a bend in the top portion and added
the lozenge baffle with the hole for the tachometer drive cable. I used aluminum tape to represent the real thing.

So far the engine is fitting in the fuselage, although, I'm still thinning the upper sheetmetal areas for a more scale affect.

Thanks for looking and happy modeling,

Kevin

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2020, 08:14:17 AM »
Some very fine detailing going on here - and as others have written, it is not possible to see where you have made the alterations because they blend in so well with the rest of the model.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2020, 10:00:28 AM »
I like the fire wall and the backing of the rad , is that PE screen ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Radarman

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2020, 10:35:26 AM »
Thanks folks,
I like the fire wall and the backing of the rad , is that PE screen ?

Terri

Why yes it is, good eye! It's some of the Honeycomb Radiator Mesh from RB Productions. Very easy to work with.

Kevin

Online RAGIII

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2020, 06:43:42 AM »
Your modifications look terrific! I will have to check out the RB stuff for radiators/screening!
RAGIII

Offline Radarman

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2020, 03:00:46 PM »
Hello everyone,
Your modifications look terrific! I will have to check out the RB stuff for radiators/screening!
RAGIII

RAGIII the RB stuff is very fine is highly recommended.

Moving right along, I've started to construct the Spandau guns to replace the kit parts. As you can see, they are very basic.

Right now no one is producing 1/28th scale Spandaus, though, Model Monkey has some planed for the near future. Lacking those
I've turned to the Tom's Model Works set number 400, 1/28 scale WWI German Guns. Here's the start, it's a combination of Tom's
photo etch and my scrap plastic parts.

I can assure you, my Opti-Visor got a real workout and so far, no parts have flown away. I hope to finish the first gun tomorrow.

Happy Modeling,
                                                                                                                                    Kevin

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2020, 09:31:01 PM »
The gun is moving forward nicely Kevin . Toms model works PE guns are the cats meow . I have built a few in 48 scale on passed project . The lloyd I'm working on now I will be using Toms gun if my eyes can handle the hundreds of small parts !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Radarman

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2020, 03:27:08 AM »
Hello everyone,
One down. Now I can only hope the second one goes together as well as this one.

Happy Modeling,
                                                                       Kevin 

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2020, 03:29:53 AM »
That gun is as good as any aftermarket part that I have seen. Simply superb modelling.

Stephen.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2020, 03:53:19 AM »
That gun looks incredibly real! Perfect work!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2020, 04:56:11 AM »
Excellent work on the Spandau! Looks awesome!
RAGIII

Offline Radarman

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2020, 03:47:14 AM »
Hello everyone,
Thanks for the positive feedback on the Spandaus. To go along with them I needed to fabricate
the ammo and belt collection boxes as the kit didn't really include them. I started out with the
basic shapes and built on from there.

I added some photo etch belt ammo and there you go.

While working the night before last I was being observed from out the window by a friend.
I think it has an idea of the scheme I'll plan to do.

Who-who who knows?

Happy modeling,
                                                                                 Kevin
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:03:08 AM by Radarman »