Author Topic: WnW Sopwith Pup  (Read 9041 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: WnW Sopwith Pup
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2020, 10:10:37 AM »
Very nice indeed !  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2020, 03:51:44 AM »
Super detail on the undercarriage.

Stephen.

Online FAf

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2020, 05:25:09 AM »
Thanks Bjarne, Rick, GazzaS, Richie, Terri and Stephen! Your support is very much appreciated!

You might have seen that I didn't use any micro tubing with that turnbuckle on the undercarriage. I didn't really want anythin like that there, even though I've been shopping at Bob's Buckles superstore, so I simply twisted the monofilament and added some super glue. Looks good I think.

Rigging is on its way + some small additions like the machine gun... first a hole lot of eyelets were installed, but only at one end of each wire this time. I thought I'd try and do without the eyelets on the bottom wing. I know that they won't be very visible in the end, but I thought that just a piece of Bob's micro tubing would look more like a terminal that an eyelet and a piece of tubing. Maybe it wont make any difference at all?!

This means however that there are a lot of lines glued straight into the different attachement points in different places. So it's a hairy Pup right now...

Some places needed specially made terminals. This is for the wires going from the underside of the tailplane to the very end of the fuselage. I simply used a flatnosed plier to crimp the middle section of a piece of 0,5mm tubing and then glued it to the underside.

The same method was used for the attachement point on top of the fin. Only here I used a ruler to push down on the piece of tubing, as I needed a narrower centre section. It was then drilled through and attached on that piece of copperwire you can see.

Last thing  for today was to arm the aircraft. First some ammunition for the machine gun and then attaching the gun to the aircraft.

Tomorrow I will start with the cross bracing wires. I had to paint up some more monofilament first. It's drying now.
Take care!
/Fredrik

Bughunter

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2020, 05:38:26 AM »
Nice work, so this will end up as a great looking Pup!
On your good macro pictures the WNW model shows nice details, very impressive! I can only dream of those in 1/48.

Cheers,
Frank

Online RAGIII

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2020, 08:32:37 AM »
I don't know where to start so I will just give this an Overall Incredible Detailing!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2020, 10:05:39 AM »
Neat solution for the tail rigging and beautiful job on the Vickers ! :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RichieW

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2020, 05:31:09 PM »
Great work Fredrik,your rigging ideas look pretty perfect. The precision painting of the brass on the Vickers is amazing, love the ammo belt too. 

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2020, 08:35:38 PM »
That looks very nice!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2020, 08:49:17 PM »
This is progressing very nicely Fredrik.  A splendid Pup is emerging!  Very well done.

Best regards,

Bob

Online FAf

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2020, 06:28:18 AM »
Thank you everyone, for your continued support! Very much appreciated!

Long weekend here in Sweden and even though we aren't in lockdown we're supposed to stay socially distant which leaves a lot of time to model... and there was rain and clouds today...

Rigging is on the home stretch now... here are some pictures. New camera setting as I thought previous pictures a bit dark.

All rigging lines prepared. You really got to keep track of loose ends here.

Attaching the upper wing was a lot easier on this model than on my WnW Albatros D.V! And it's beginning to look good!

And then I spent hours finalising the rigging. A few mishaps on the way, but all managable in the end. I will have to go back and touch up the paint on the wires, but that's probably not visible here, and I will paint the micro tubes aluminium later on.

Tomorrow it might get onto its legs...
Take care! /Fredrik

Online RAGIII

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2020, 11:48:49 AM »
Amazing work on the rigging and anchor points! Looks Superb!
RAGIII

Online FAf

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2020, 06:01:54 AM »
Well, she's finished! A pleasant build and isn't it fantastic how a simple green box of an aircraft can be really beautiful!? I am actually really happy about how this turned out! More pictures will eventually show up in the completed section.

Thanks for the support along the way and thanks for looking!
/Fredrik

Online RAGIII

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2020, 06:22:13 AM »
Gorgeous Results in all ways!
RAGIII

Offline RichieW

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2020, 06:22:37 AM »
Beautiful work Fredrik, it's been a real pleasure to follow this build.

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2020, 06:45:26 AM »
Love it Fredrik!

And every little detail... superb. I particularly like the oil staining on the firewall.

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941