Author Topic: Eduards Hansa-Brandenburg D.1  (Read 17406 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Eduards Hansa-Brandenburg D.1
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »
 :) Up-date starts on end of last page  :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »
And the wings ...

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:25 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2020, 10:10:31 AM »
And the finished prop  :)

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RichieW

« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2020, 06:31:44 PM »
Love the translucent effect you've achieved on the wings. This is looking great Terri!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2020, 12:06:40 AM »
Wow Terri, your wings look perfect to my eyes! It is a shame about the decals...I feel your pain! I am sure you will sort it out as usual!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2020, 11:56:20 AM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys on the outcome . I should made one less pass on the cross on the undersurface . They should be showing a tad more . Decals are already sorted and set to go coming this weekend .  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2020, 09:05:12 AM »
This looks very nice Terri - and the model is going to be very eye-catching when finished. I do like the A-H naval colour schemes and their flying boats because they were such innovative types.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2020, 09:59:04 AM »
Hi Stephen , I really didn't like the marking options in the kit but not much out there for choices for profiles ..so ...kit decals it was . There are a lot of cool AH aircraft . I have a couple more in the stash . The Lloyd has been eyeballing of late . Thank-you for your kind comments , always a pleasure having you tag along in my modelling adventures  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2020, 04:33:10 AM »
Made a bit more progress leading me into the weathering which is waiting a final sealing coat . Also made two steps back on a few parts which will need to be re-done .

The wheels , forgot to seal the paint before applying Tamiya pastels ending in the paint being stained . These have been cleaned and re-sprayed Tamiya Buff . Tire part is next . The cab struts are another failure . I missed adding the ceter spacer part thing so .....I'm just starting repair work on this now .

For the weathering on the fuselage I pick out the panel lines using Flory's dark dirt wash and also around all metal fittings . Oil staining is Tamiya's oil stain pastel using water as the wetting agent . I just need to seal this all in now with a satin finish . Turned out rather well and I'm pleased with how the wood effect turned out .

The wings got the same treatment for the wash . I went a little heavier on the weathering then I normally do on wings . I like the effect it is at now and will stop there . I used Tamiya pastels for the oil staining along the lower wing root and leading edge . Rest for the leading edge and along the flight controls got Tamiya dark yellow followed by light sand and blended in together . Heavier blending in some areas . On the national markings light sand was brushed over adding fading while highlight the rib detail with out going over board . The rad stanning is just chalk . All of this also awaits a final seal coat . I ran out of Testors dull coat and Tamiya has to much of a shine . I have vallejo Model air flat coat but it has been awhile since I used it and I need to run a few test . To much will leave the surface with a white finish !  :-X

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2020, 04:33:44 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2020, 04:34:12 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2020, 04:34:42 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2020, 04:35:13 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch