Author Topic: Eduards Hansa-Brandenburg D.1  (Read 17342 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Eduards Hansa-Brandenburg D.1
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2020, 04:35:50 AM »
 :-[ Up-dates starts on the end of last page  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2020, 04:39:21 AM »
Ooooh this does look good Terri - in fact it looks better with every new post.

Stephen.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2020, 04:57:54 AM »
Good update Terri, I really like the weathering effects you've done. Great fix on the markings.The disintegrating decal thing is traumatic but you've done a great repair job. I'm sure all the other little fixes will be perfect too.

Richie

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2020, 05:50:38 AM »
Nicely done touch up/repair on the numbers T. Really coming along and all looks Fantastic!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2020, 09:52:29 AM »
Thank you so much for the positive comments guys  :)! Three day weekend coming up and I just might be able to get this on button up before Monday . Will be nice and quite around the house even with Sieben . More play time for him !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2020, 06:46:11 AM »
I really like the weathering, especially on the wings. It looks so real!
This Flory wash seems to be great stuff, need to look, where to order this here.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2020, 11:12:09 AM »
Guten Tag Frank ,

Flory has their own web site . Not sure if you can get it in Germany . They are based in the UK . Here is their site

https://www.florymodels.org/

Been using these now for about five years now and they are super to work with and very easy !

Glad you like the wings on how they turned out , not sure about looking real though  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Borsos

« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2020, 06:05:21 AM »
Frank,

You can ordre them via Breveco Models in Holland https://brevecomodelling.nl/product-categorie/gereedschap/flory-models/washes/
Michi got his directly from Flory models in te UK, so this is also a possible way.

Terri, I am really keen on seeing your Hansa Brandenburg finished. It’s an extraordinary model!

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2020, 04:45:27 AM »
Thanks Andreas  :)

Well progress has been slow but I did get the center struts repaired and glued in place along with the exhaust . Rudder is fixed in place awaiting for the control cables . Wheels are repaired and even this fought me all the way with paint lifting after removing the mask after spraying the tires grey . The upper rear part of the struts I had to move the mounting holes on the fuselage ... so filling and sanding was needed , that is now fixed as well . I still need to seal the rear tail plane struts , some how I missed doing this earlier .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2020, 04:45:59 AM »
 :)

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2020, 04:46:31 AM »
 :)

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline smperry

« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2020, 05:04:17 AM »
Terri
Real nice work on the metal fittings on the fuselage. The over-painted effect with the 3 over the factory painted serial number is great and your wood finish ices the cake.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
Thanks SP ,

Just finished off the control wires for the tail and the lower wings are now fixed in place . Waiting for the glue to harden up and I can start mounting the star struts . Landing gear is finished up as well and is drying from it's final seal coat . So it's coffee break !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2020, 07:47:56 AM »
Looking spectacular T! You are getting really close to knocking this one out!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2020, 07:49:19 AM »
Motoring along now Terri, enjoy the well deserved coffee break!