Author Topic: Eduards Hansa-Brandenburg D.1  (Read 17358 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Eduards Hansa-Brandenburg D.1
« on: January 07, 2020, 11:59:56 AM »
I will have my strutz this week and it won't take long to finish off the Rumpler so instead of starting another shelf queen I rather get annoyed with a fresh start on something else and a bit different . So my next WW1 build will Eduards kit of this neat looking fighter and only two rigging lines !!!!! ;D

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Radarman

Re: Eduards Hansa-Brandenburg D.1
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »
Terri,
This is one build I will really enjoy watching. Let the games begin!

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 03:04:06 PM »
Really looking forward to following along, T!  I'm planning on starting this one soon, myself, so I'll be using yours as a guide.  No pressure.   ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 03:56:00 PM »
Terri, I'll follow closely this build, I have the same kit in my stash!

Antonio

Bughunter

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 02:14:26 AM »
Terri, this one will be interesting too. I hope, that the struts are not a nightmare again for you! ???
I was able to catch it somewhere in the internet, hard to find such old kits in a nice, unbuilt state.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 02:32:24 AM »
Have fun with the struts on this one Terri - but the model will be impressive when finished.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »
Danke Herren ! ( thanks gentlemen ) .

Been going over the PE parts and I'm not sure I will use the cockpit framing . A few of the last early Eduard kit's ( SSW D.III . Sopwith baby , Hannover ) the fuselage sides needed thinning for the pit to fit so at this stage might as well replace them with plastic parts . There is no engine included in the kit . Fully closed cowl , but I might have a white metal one kicking around from a old vac kit .

Bud , no pressure at all  ;)

Guten Tag Frank , some of the older Eduard kits and others can be hard to find . I'm still trying to find a Vision 3 in 48 scale . There is one but can't recall the maker . I like the older kits , perfect test bed for scratch building .

Terri
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 12:06:18 PM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 02:27:14 PM »
Hi-Tech did the Voisin Terri,I must get back to mine, it's been on the shelf of doom for too long.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 01:37:51 AM »
I will follow along as always Terri.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 03:47:04 AM »
I'm still trying to find a Vision 3 in 48 scale .
I think you mean this one? Oh yes, that is hard to find!
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hi-tech-ht-022-voisin-10-lar-night-bomber--958178

Scalemates is a perfect database regarding kits and related things.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Berman

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 04:12:30 AM »
Terri, besides the HiTech Voisin kit, there was the 1/48th scale Master Club Voisin LAS resin kit. Unfortunately this kit is impossible to find. Avia Press lists it as a special order but that is a case where they have not changed their website information in many years. I want to purchase the Master Club kit myself.
  So many interesting WWI pushers not available in 1/48th scale.

Offline FAf

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 07:19:28 AM »
Not really being a Great War fanatic (yet) I'm amazed at the many different types of aircraft that I see here that I never knew existed - this one is yet another! Odd looking, but I'm sure you will make a nice representation of it!
/Fredrik

Bughunter

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 07:30:21 AM »
My type book about the german aircrafts of WWI contains about 500 types! Only german ones, and all the other nations has also a lot of types.
So I'm sure I will not be a expert who knows them all for a very long time ???

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »
Hi Berman , yes I gave up trying to find the Master Club kit , but the Hi-Tech kit is just as hard . Might have no choice to to scratch build one . I do agree that more pushers would be nice .

Fredrik, I have been building WW 1 aircraft for about 20 years now and I'm still learning new types and there is some pretty wild looking types .

You know Dave , I can finish it for you  ;)

Rick , wouldn't be the same without you . Glad to have you tagging along for the ride  ;)

Frank , that's the one ...can never seem to fully remember

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline macsporran

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »
Hals und Beinbruch, Terri!

All this talk of old, difficult to find kits, it just seems like yesterday to me that I was buying these 1/48 kits as brand new releases! This Eduard   Starstrutter is what got me back into modelling in the early nineties after years in the wilderness! (Hope your sprue of struts is less of a solid lump of flash than mine was.)
S