Author Topic: WNW 1/32nd Bristol F2b "McKeever"  (Read 30940 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: WNW 1/32nd Bristol F2b "McKeever"
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »
Update #3
    With the completion of the side frames the floor, rear fuel tank, stick etc were completed. The control column was modified to the wartime style (no circular grip) and the control lever at the top left added. I'd love to have a cockpit "key" or diagram to determine or confirm the function of many of the "widgets". The flight control wires (2 lb. monofil) were pre-rigged to their cockpit locations only, painted Mr. Metalcolor Stainless, and taped out of harms way. Last, the errant blobs of Stainless were removed or overpainted on the frame components and then the left frame attached to the floor assembly. Also added at this stage was the Vickers Gun assembly and a scratch built Constaninesco Drive motor/trigger control with the leather cover taped to the shroud/gun brace. The left seat belts were installed as well (HGW fabric belts.) and a Gunners control stick added.

I should mention that the German Shepherd Dog hairs evident throughout this thread have since been removed!

I also added several fuel lines to/from the Fuel Control below the Instrument Panel, and the one running from there to the rear fuel tank.

With the left side now attached and some touch ups and repairs the right frame was added (everything fitting perfectly, great work by WNW)  The rigging was routed to the back where a fairlead "board" was glued in, tensioned and CA'ed. The right seat belts were installed and last the canvas/linen storage bag was CA'ed to the rear frame members.
    The end product follows, very busy and I'm amazed that such large men as William Barker and Andy McKeever could function in the close quarters of the cockpit.

The Tamiya Tape is on the Aileron Cables still "floating" around. Also I over-tensioned the rudder control cables however the "Bow effect" isn't apparent when the package is in the closed fuselage thankfully.

A few shots of the Gunner's "Pit";

And last the back with the rigging attachment board;

And that's where I presently am in this Build. It being the Christmas Season time will be short; I'm off to visit my Daughter and deliver gifts for the weekend, several stop-overs to greet Family and hand deliver gifts. Next, a little rough work on the wings and completion of the engine, several excellent threads here to show me the way.
    Any and all comments welcome, Thanks for looking and......................
Cheers and Merry Christmas to all!
Lance :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:58:27 PM by lcarroll »

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
Beautiful job on the interior, Lance.  Outstanding solution the seat problem.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 04:02:37 PM »
Nice work!!...and Im glad that pink cutting mat is gone ;D

Steve

Offline miecio52

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Cool job, good look before the construction of its Bristol. ;)
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
Excellent detail, Lance. Safe travels over the holidays.

LT

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »
Well done, Lance. Beautiful work on the cockpit area. Safe travels, have a great family holiday, and we'll look forward to your future work on the Biff!  ;)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »
Nice work!!...and Im glad that pink cutting mat is gone ;D

Steve

Yeah, I know it's a little "wimpy" but for a dollar (Canada's great Dollar Store) I couldn't pass it up. You are right though, it's gotta go before someone starts thinkin I like Quiche!
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 11:34:22 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes and comments, All. I'll be back here late Sunday and hopefully get a few pre-Christmas posts done.
Cheers, and Best Wishes,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 11:37:38 PM »
It looks very impressive Lance, especially now that it's all coming together. Excellent save on the seat too. Your painting skills brought out the detail on the caning to great effect. All in all, the office looks outstanding. You and Gary are at the top of your game.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 12:38:06 AM »
Very impressive and "busy" cockpit Lance.  I like!  :D  The HGW fabric belts really look great, much better to my eye than the PE equivalents.  I've never tried them.  How are they to work with and install, particularly the draping over compound curves of a seat?  That always causes me fits with the PE parts!  >:( 

Great work!  Enjoy bthe holiday.  ;D

Regards,

Bob 

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »
  Lance,
Outstanding work on her cockpit my friend. Oh and enjoy your Quiche too.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline mgunns

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
Hello Lance:

The seat belts are really nice.  Your recovery on the seat is noteworthy and with those realistic looking seatbelts attention will be drawn to them vice any "flaws" in the seat.  I have tried those fabric seat belts, not to my liking, but then neither is PE; but like PE I will have to give them another go.  Can't wait to see more.

Have a great Christmas and New year.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 02:48:37 AM »
Oh dont worry about the pink mat. It wil look good while you do the My Little Pony Fokker DVII scheme. Looking forward to your next update!!

Steve

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 04:43:46 AM »
Lance, wonderful work on the interior!

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
Dave, Mark, Greg, Bob & Chris (and you too Steve!)
   Thanks for the nice comments and encouragement, it'll keep me keen when I tackle the next step with the engine. Can't hardly believe it; hundreds of photos posted on a green matt base, only a few on the pink "el cheapo" and I'm labelled! If the outside temp gets above -25 degrees I'll put it out of it's bloody misery with one of my 12 Guage Equalisers and send the bits to my friend Steve! (It's hard on the eyes anyway!) Think I'll "bin" the Christmas Eve Shrimp Linguine and pop a Quiche in the oven before the Missus gets home...............
Cheers and Merry Christmas Guys,
Lance :) ;)