Author Topic: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32  (Read 29566 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2019, 08:17:51 PM »
Lovely! I am keen on seeing it all come together.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2019, 11:17:37 AM »
Thank-you guys for dropping by and leaving encouraging comments ! Mean a lot  8)

Manni , not totally clean . There are a few errors , just well hidden  ;)

Stephen , glad you like the prop so far . Will be finishing it off this weekend and start with the masking , fair bit to do .
I always like to believe life wouldn't happen without the shit . Some of it can lead to very interesting adventures which we grow  :)

Andreas , I'm keen as well as seeing her come together . I love this scheme !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline uncarina

« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2019, 12:36:15 PM »
Terri,

I love what you are doing, and I am taking notes! Will you be using the kit lozenge decals?

Cheers,  Tom

Online FAf

« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2019, 11:47:08 PM »

If you can't see the errors, do they exist then?  ??? ;D

Offline petrov27

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2019, 09:04:19 AM »
As everyone notes its looking really good and coming together nice

Yeah pinning the struts and other areas is a top idea - on my build of this I must have tried gluing that elevator four times and knocking it loose before I saw the light and put pins in it. That is now 100% SOP on any build :)
-Patrick

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2019, 02:18:11 PM »
Terri,

I love what you are doing, and I am taking notes! Will you be using the kit lozenge decals?

Cheers,  Tom

Hi Tom , no I will not be using the kit decals . I pick up these on sale at Hannant's . HGW's Five colour faded transparent upper and lower and faded rib tapes which are per-cut .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2019, 02:21:35 PM »

If you can't see the errors, do they exist then?  ??? ;D

Yup , they sure do .  :o ;)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2019, 02:26:38 PM »
As everyone notes its looking really good and coming together nice

Yeah pinning the struts and other areas is a top idea - on my build of this I must have tried gluing that elevator four times and knocking it loose before I saw the light and put pins in it. That is now 100% SOP on any build :)

Thanks Pete ! Ya , I pin all struts on my builds . Learnt my lesson in the past before by not doing doing it .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »
Parking myself in front of the bench when I got home , out comes the masking tape and a few hours later with the bit of paint . This is as far as I got . I still need to mask off the chin and spray this alum before i can start unmasking  , but more masking is on the way with the ribs and such starting tomorrow .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2019, 10:39:36 PM »
Great progress, Terri!
Precut rib tapes are a nice idea, saves effort and all of them are of the same width. That is not easy to do by hand.

Cheers,
Frank

Online RAGIII

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2019, 01:01:39 AM »
Really starting to take shape with the painting T. Looking forward to the next update!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2019, 09:09:40 AM »
Great! Now it's my turn to kick you up the butt!  ;D ;D
Keep up the great work *T*

vB  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2019, 10:42:59 PM »
Thanks Frank and Rick for the kind comments  :)

Well I guess in fariness it is your turn too kick back Bob. I was prepared  for such events and have tuck tape a few extra cushion to my ass . This is to ensure that after said ass kicking the side effects will have a comforting result  :o Abling me to continue sitting in front of the bench  ;)

Sorry to say not much was done in front of the bench yesterday . Ended up spending time doing other things . I did get the chin sprayed alum and unmasked . Has some touch ups and left that to dry overnight . Pic's coming later today on this as soon as those damn camera batteries are charged !

Once again thanks guys for tagging along on my adventure  :)

terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2019, 09:06:53 AM »
Fresh batteries load in the camera and here is the end results of what she looks like with her stripes . Prop is finished with the wood effect now , decals on and clear coated with a touch of clear yellow . I have no proof that there is a white stripe on the lower fuselage . Only the profile posted on the first page of this blog and two other photo's in the book . The photo's show that the stripes were not neatly applied . I have started the masking of the ribs and I'm almost half way through that . Once that is done more pic's to follow .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2019, 09:07:22 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch