Author Topic: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32  (Read 29890 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2019, 11:10:35 AM »
Thanks Rick  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
After the week I had it was awesome to sit in front of the bench and just veg and focus on joyful things !

Tail plane is finish with new hinges made so now everything matches  on the top and bottom Landing struts and alex bar are pretty much set to go . I still need to do the rigging attachment points on the spreader bar . Bungee cord is made from sewing thread and super glued in place . This makes this a very strong unit . No wobble ! I made the pins from steel wire for extra strength . Rest of the struts are set for paint . For this I used brass pins . It will have the strength but a little flex if needed for lining this up . I ready for primer and can start painting and decaling .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2019, 12:00:10 PM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2019, 12:00:54 PM »

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline FAf

« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2019, 04:24:22 PM »
Great work on those smallish details that are a must to create a great result! Looking forward to paint!
/Fredrik

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
Nice work, Terri.  Looks like you sanded of some heavy detail on the rudder?
Are those hand holds recessed in the fuse?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »
Thanks Fredrik and Ken

Yes Ken , those are hand holds recesse's in the fuselage . Kit ones where cut out and back with new boxes and 30x30 for the hand hold . The recesse's were lined with doped fabric and this will get paint later on in the build . Ya , the rudder look like a starving cow so I sanded it back a bit .

Weekend progress has come to end . Fuselage has it's white paint / wheels / top flying surfaces are only coated lightly with white . Ribs will get masked off and Tamiya smoke will be sprayed along the edges . Once removed , one more light coat of white to blend it together . Bottom sides get  different treatment . These ares will be sprayed black first . Ribs und spars plus the edges get masked off . Tamiya buff will be sprayed on . Masking removed followed by another light dusting of buff finishing this off with a few light coats of white . Shading I will do before the masking gets removed . Not pictured is the rudder which is also black based waiting for masking and more painting ! Cab struts are painted and the wood done on the inter struts . Landing gear got black based as well in prep for the metal coat . Guns I shot Tamiya black all over them and the cowl as well and just couldn't leave the spinner by itself - it got black as well . Prop is ready for further graining but this will be done with pencil crayon after a seal coat of flat varnish .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2019, 10:10:12 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2019, 10:10:44 AM »
 ;)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »
 ;)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
 8)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2019, 11:15:12 PM »
Outstanding work Terri! Love the prop. All is looking Terrific!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2019, 10:05:29 AM »
Thanks Ken and Rick  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2019, 03:25:43 PM »
Great work, Terri. Very clean build with lots of improvements on this kit. The laminated prop paint looks good,too.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2019, 07:24:08 AM »
Catching up Terri - that prop looks real! The extra details that you are adding can be very trying and frustrating sometimes, but they have the positive aspect that they take your mind off what is happening around at the time - usually s...t in my experience!

Great progress - shaping into another of your winners.

Stephen.