Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Halberstadt Cl.II (Early) Royal Prussian Schlasta 21, Oct 1918  (Read 16727 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
   Thanks Rick, much appreciated.
   SP, the chipping is a base coat of aluminum enamel, then AK "Worn Effects" acrylic fluid and the Tamiya acrylic finish colors over that, The chipping is done the same as the hair spray method however I prefer the AK product, I find it more controllable.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Borsos

Great finish. Those yellow and blue stripes look fantastic.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Spectacular paint work, Lance!  She's well on her way to being a real show stopper!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline rhwinter

WOW!!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Wow Wow  :o
Lovely work, Lance.

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Great work, Lance.  The chipping is spot on.

Offline petrov27

Wow - that is coming together crazy - good. Im more a fan of the yellow-red interpretation of this aircraft but this may convince me otherwise. Keep up the great work!
-Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
    Thank you all for the very nice comments, they are much appreciated! Petrov 27, I was torn between the red vs blue stripes as well as I mentioned earlier on, to be honest in the end I chose the blue basically because I liked the appearance more then the red! From what info is available it appears that one is just as likely as the other.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

I was wondering where this had gone to Lance - but the wait was well worthwhile. The finish that you have achieved with the yellow over the stripes is truly gobsmacking! The chipping is also very realistic. I agree with Bud - another show stopper (and winner) in the making.

Stephen.

Bughunter

Wow, that will be the model with the most masking stripes! At first lengthwise with black and white, and now the same procedure crosswise - but without creating rectangles - now in yellow and blue :o The result is fantastic!

Can't wait to see the mounted Halberstadt ...

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Wow Lance , very impressive ! Such a great scheme ...looking forward forward on the next up-date on this beauty  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline gedmundson

Great to catch up on this Lance. It’s one of the most ambitious paint schemes I’ve seen, and it looks like you are carrying it off to perfection (as usual 🙂). Your skills are in a league of their own!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
   Thanks All. Gary, the scheme is admittedly a challenge, I've certainly added a few pounds of weight to the model with the number of "insurance" coats added to protect the finishes from the masking required! Thus far only one small glitch in that regard and I'll leave the "Photos of shame" until later. I'm going to call it "Battle Damage Repair".
Cheers,
Lance
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:44:36 AM by lcarroll »

Offline lone modeller

Which is as good an excuse as any for touching in differences in finish!

Stephen.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Lance, what ever flaws you may encounter on this build, it simply looks wonderful.  Press on and repair that battle damage....   ;D