Author Topic: New WNW kits for pre-order  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
New WNW kits for pre-order
« on: September 16, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
Hello my friends. Seems like there is a tsunami coming....
Wingnut wings announced two new boxings.
The first is the Fokker DVII F of Hermann Göring http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3208
and the second is a Sopwith 7F1 Snipe of William Barker http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3209
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: New WNW kits for pre-order
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 04:29:06 PM »
I love the Barker figure and the Snipe.

Excellent addition to the family.

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 05:24:15 PM »
Nice to see new additions to WNW line.
But I somehow cannot leave this announcement without a comment that choosing H.G. as a face for D.VIIF seems a little bit out-of-place for me. :(
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 06:41:10 PM »
Nice to see new additions to WNW line.
But I somehow cannot leave this announcement without a comment that choosing H.G. as a face for D.VIIF seems a little bit out-of-place for me. :(

Have to agree. While I'm not for rewriting or deleting history, I wish we weren't renewing attention for this man.
As a boy I bought the Revell 1:72 kit, which provided Goering's scheme. Made sense, since at that time no one really offered lozenge decals. When I built it I gave it a blue and red finish; maybe I'd picked up some distaste for the subject by then.
But it occurs to me that in 1:32 Goering's plane is a challenge, because the all white finish is liable to look rather toy like without some hints and shades and stains.

Interesting that Goering's grab handle was there all along in the original kit.

Mark
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:24:29 AM by Bluesfan »

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »
Another point of view...

I don’t have a problem with the subject matter as we are building historical subject matter for World War One not World War Two.

Whilst I won’t be adding these kits to my stash I observe plenty of modellers seem to be happy enough to build Friedrich Christiansen’s HB W-29 without much comment on his later career.

At the end of the day they are plastic models, and the customer is free to choose what he or she is comfortable with.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 07:42:44 PM »
Another point of view...

I don’t have a problem with the subject matter as we are building historical subject matter for World War One not World War Two.

Whilst I won’t be adding these kits to my stash I observe plenty of modellers seem to be happy enough to build Friedrich Christiansen’s HB W-29 without much comment on his later career.

At the end of the day they are plastic models, and the customer is free to choose what he or she is comfortable with.

Agreed.
The context is purely WW1. Before Mr G turned into a complete Bell-End!
I won't be buying his ride... but Mr Barker? Well, there is a man I can do business with.  ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »
      Well said all of you, I commend your restraint. However, as your Moderator, I would be remiss if I did not inject a reminder that criticism or negative commentary directed at the purveyors of the subject Kit or their choice of subject will be treated as inappropriate should the commentary stray into escalation of the theme further.......
       Our leisure pursuit of study and building replicas from a period of history is just that, history is what it was and confers no judgement nor support for the players nor events therein. I quote Dave (from Dubai) who has stated it so very well below; "At the end of the day they are plastic models, and the customer is free to choose what he or she is comfortable with."
Cheers, :)
Lance

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 05:36:50 AM »
This Fokker was planned when the VIIF first boxing came out as part G3 (grab handle) is for this kit and was included in the original boxing (not used).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 05:55:09 AM by Juan »

Offline KrzysiekK

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 05:49:00 AM »
I do understand Przemek's feeling very well...still would not be my choice at all. It is kind of feeling you know that causes immediate concern.
Sorry for my comment if you find it inappropriate
regards
K

Offline carlosgandiaga

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 06:06:17 AM »
I, too, find it a most curious choice.  It is really hard, in the end, to separate the consequent historical impact from the exploits in a previous era.  I disagree, however, that this would somehow be a "stain" on our friends from NZ.   They made a choice based on the historical impact of a particular aircraft.  I think it's disingenuous to ascribe any "approval" of the later conduct.  I can't for an instant imagine any of the folks associated with that particular company doing ANY such thing.

Offline Gene K

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 06:10:39 AM »
I do understand Przemek's feeling very well...still would not be my choice at all.

Prez is opening a can of worms that the Moderator should close, especially given his (this site's) previously stated (explicit) position. Prez, with due respect, should have honored that position, as we honor his feelings.

Gene K

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 06:33:03 AM »
    Well Guys, I must say I saw this one coming as soon as I saw the announcement of the new Kit and Figure. I will shortly have to remove PrzemoL's last post as it violates Forum Rule 5, (private matters between supplier/trader and customer are not to be aired on the Forum) and later today I will be contacting Prze by PM to express my respect and hopefully achieve understanding of the action taken here.
    I want to be clear that there is no malice nor disrespect intended in this action; it is being taken in the interests of harmony and the welfare of our very special association. Trust me, I fully understand that this release will be seen differently by each member and some may view it as a situation they don't wish to support and may even object to however that conflict must be worked out beyond the boundaries of the Forum. I hope all, and particularly the author of the post, will be understanding of the logic being employed here.
   I believe we are a very special and fortunate group from around the globe who share a special interest and indeed bond of similar interests and values and do so despite many of history's less wholesome episodes. Every one of us is somehow a victim of conflicts of the past, my family like all of yours lived through the tragedies of the past which must remain behind us yet never be forgotten lest we err again.
    The choice of whether or not to support this product lies with each individual. I would ask, however, that any objections to or debate of the product in question be restricted from the conversation here.

Lance

Offline James

New WNW kits for pre-order
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 07:57:42 AM »
Let me start off by saying I'm Jewish and I have some relatives in the camps during WW II. Two of my aunt's who are sisters, they married two of my grandmother's brothers also lost their parents in the camps. I've been a HUGE WW II aviatikn freak since I was around 5 years old, and I never had a problem with a swastika on a German aircraft I built as a child, nor did my grandmother or grandfather on a model. In fact, the first model I ever built was the Monogram Stuka, because my grandfather said they were a bad - mean aircraft, if that makes sense. I have only been into WW I aviation for about nine to ten years.

These new releases by Wingnut Wings don't interest me at all, really. But Goering was a famous pilot during the First World War and an ace, so I can see why they did his aircraft and figure. I myself would love to see them do one for Hans Bethge and his Pfalz D.IIIa's.  While we may not all agree, we are all still family here on this forum and like any family we will always have disagreements, but we respect each other's opinions.

Lance, if I crossed the line here I sincerely apologize.

James Sontag   
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 08:10:39 AM »
On the Very positive side it is Nice to see the DVII F and the Snipe available again! Personally I don't need either but I know there are some that missed both!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 09:50:51 AM »
Nice to see the Snipe being rel-released ...it's on my wish list  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .