Author Topic: New WNW kits for pre-order  (Read 6483 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: New WNW kits for pre-order
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
I was thinking for a long time if I should write here another comment or not. But without wanting to harm anybody I can say that I agree with Przemo and I would like to see WNW‘s answer to his e-Mail, if I may. I don’t want to increase tensions here, but I don’t want to leave Przemo without my support.
 I know, Revell released Goering‘s Fokker in 1/72, Eduard did it in 1:48 in a Weekend Edition and there also was an Albatros D type fighter from a for me unknown manufacturer at the moment carrying Goering‘s markings afaik. So WNW are not the first to release the all white Fokker. And it‘s a simple color sheme that fits a policy to attract modelers who are afraid of difficult streaking and or Tarnstoff camouflage (additionally the D. VII is an „easy rigging“ plane). These and no other Motivs I can see in WNWs decision (as in Revell’s or Eduards) to release (another) white Fokker. 
However, the things Goering did and what he stands for are simply despicable and I personally can’t neither separate the WWI flyer from the later war criminal. And I completely can understand and share the apprehension regarding a resin figure showing Hermann  Meier standing in a heroic pose next to his aircraft.
Best regards
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 05:05:46 PM »
I just wish they had done Udet's candy-striper 'Lo!'
I know there are a few decals in one of the previous kits for another Lo, but the full treatment for 'Du doch nicht!' with options for black, red etc would have been nice - especially with a non-controversial little 1/32 resin Ernst to pose in front of it!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 05:36:02 PM by macsporran »

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 06:59:29 PM »
I am in hospital for hip replacement surgery but I fully endorse Lance's stance  toward this controversial Wingnuts release. I expect quite a few will privately convey  their feelings directly to Wingnuts and this is how it should be done- not via forum posts.
Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 12:53:47 AM »
   "I expect quite a few will privately convey  their feelings directly to Wingnuts and this is how it should be done- not via forum posts."

A very clear statement from the Owner/Administrator of our mutually enjoyed Forum Folks, and one I support. The Forum Rules are very clear in this regard and we all agree to follow them as a condition of Membership. I respect and yes, admire, the courage of convictions and principles intended here however those issues must be addressed outside of this venue. Any further comments or discussion of this subject from the perspective of the choice of subject matter of the product will of necessity be deleted.

Lance

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 04:11:59 AM »
I would have preferred Udet for the DVIIF.  Sure, Ernst had his difficulties.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 04:27:03 AM »
a couple of notes about the Goering release:

to my eye his pose doesn't look "heroic" he looks like an egotistical gasbag. he looks that way in the original photo. more than one account suggests some of his peers saw him that way.

to be an interesting subject for a model, it doesn't need to be 'heroic' or 'honorable' at least for me. it's more about 'this is a thing that happened. it should be, in some form, remembered, talked about.' to my eye the arc of WWI and the continuation is a tragedy not a heroic myth.

one could explain to people fascinated with the pretty white airplane, "he went on to be one of the worst people in the world, instrumental in screwing up the 20th century."

that said, i'm not interested in explaining. or building any ship of Goering's. i'll buy one and use the Karl Bolle decals from my other D.VIIF.

Offline Gene K

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 04:31:51 AM »
... a little 1/32 resin Ernst to pose in front of it!

Ernst Udet was indeed a little figure -- at 5'3".

Gene K

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 04:41:34 AM »
... a little 1/32 resin Ernst to pose in front of it!

Gene K
a 1/48 figure might work.

Offline Gene K

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 05:17:15 AM »

Quote from: Jeff K
a 1/48 figure might work.

Funny!!

Gene K

Offline carlosgandiaga

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2019, 05:50:13 AM »
He was a "sour Kraut", then??  ;D ;D

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »
Received this e-mail from Wingnut Wings: Interesting remarks on their recent product policy (Dr.I) and the FRENCH character of the Le Rhone motor of their latest in-developement-anouncement!

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2019, 08:29:36 PM »
That's very pointed, isn't it, the way they've put it?
It's a Hanriot! No...?!?  ;)

And can we read into 'our first Austro-Hungarian aircraft' a suggestion that they intend more?
All good!

Mark

Offline drdave

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2019, 09:58:01 PM »
I think the same
Banfields floatplane next I reckon

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2019, 02:17:23 AM »
That's very pointed, isn't it, the way they've put it?
It's a Hanriot! No...?!?  ;)

And can we read into 'our first Austro-Hungarian aircraft' a suggestion that they intend more?
All good!

Mark
saw that.

cautiously optimistic on both counts.

sorry to comic Camel fans i'm pretty sure i jinxed it by predicting comic Camel.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2019, 03:06:38 AM »
Here is the list and exact comments from WNW.

Other new models in development;
-32051 1/32 Handley Page O/100 – announced on 7 August 2019
-32068 1/32 Fokker F.1/Dr.1 (Early)* – announced on 7 August 2019
-32069 1/32 Fokker Dr.1 (Late)* – announced on 7 August 2019
 -32075 1/32 New Model in Development (powered by a French LeRhone engine) – announced on 6 September 2019. 
-32077 1/32 Hansa-Brandenburg D.1 – announced on 26 August 2019 (this will be our first Austro-Hungarian aircraft). 
 *We have long held the opinion that the very good 1/32 Roden model was good enough but we continued to be inundated with requests for a Wingnut Wings Fokker Triplane, so we have responded.

Note that they specifically State "Powered BY A French LeRhone engine" Not a French aircraft:

-32075 1/32 New Model in Development (powered by a French LeRhone engine) – announced on 6 September 2019. 

So could be a Number of British aircraft I guess?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler