Author Topic: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition  (Read 18175 times)

Offline Iancshippee

Re: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 09:35:20 AM »
Really great work everyone! There was some truly exceptional skills on display. Congrats to all the champions!

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Re: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 03:04:01 PM »
Hi all - apologies for the delayed response but I am overseas at the moment — a big congrats to Ken and Mike, as well as all of the other winners, all very well deserved. I am especially humbled to have done so well amongst some unbelievably good models.

A big big thanks to Dave and the judges for such a well run group build, and to all of the prize donors. You have all certainty done Des’ memory proud.

Here’s to the next one!

Cheers,
BC

Offline AndRoby67

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »
Many congrats to all the winners!
I was late in this Forum to partecipate, I'm here for the next!
Looking at the winners, I think that being a judge was extremely hard, first class realizations.
I agree about the scratchbuilt HD.2 winner, it's a masterpiece.
Cheers!
Roberto

Offline Monty

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 03:31:07 AM »
I'm also a bit late... but congrats to all the winners! I cannot name you all, but all well deserved! The Judges did a great job too... and the sponsors definitely came to the Party.... Special Thanks to Dave... Marc.

Offline miecio52

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »
Many congrats to all the winners!
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Bughunter

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 10:55:31 PM »
Today the two sets of Pheon decal arrived, what a great prize :) Thanks to all involved!
I selected the Pfalz D.XII and the Sopwith Dolphin/Snipe (here I have the very old Hi-Tech kit) sets in 1/48.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:21 PM »
I have just got the Bob's Buckles prize. Many thanks!!!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2019, 11:52:14 PM »
Hi all,
Today my 'CSM Nieuport' arrived along with a figure I had previously ordered.
Great kit from CSM with rapid response and delivery,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2019, 06:48:29 AM »
I have just got the Bob's Buckles prize. Many thanks!!!

Thanks for heads up, Prze!
Enjoy!

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline IvotB

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 10:06:24 PM »
Congratulations for all winners of the Des Memorial Group Build. They are well deserved and I like the models made by the winners very much. It continues to show the high standards of builds that I have got accustamed to on this excellent Forum!

Today I also saw that there's an after build! That's a nice idea. I'm afraid it will not work as I'm abroad for work the coming weeks and in the meantime during holidays (I always take something to build with me during holidays and my family has gotten used to that  ;) ) I usually do not take with me polysterene models as they are too fragile.

My build since the partly finished Fokker D.III now:

Kit with nickelsilver PE and brass and copper cast fittings. Kit production about 25 pieces...

The original served with the dutch national railways between 1901 and 1955, so fitting in the ww1 era  ;)

regards,
Ivo

regards,
Ivo

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2019, 12:32:27 AM »
I received My Prize today in the Mail. Roden SPAD VII c1 Lafayette version. Thanks to Roden and the rest of the sponsors! Also one More HUGE thanks to Dave for putting this together!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:22:08 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2019, 02:13:17 AM »
Today I picked up my kit at post office. Thanks to Roden for sponsoring and Dave for postage (not cheap to Germany), careful packing and declaration - I didn't have to pay customs :)

Cheers,
Frank

Bughunter

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2019, 06:06:20 AM »
Ken, I just found your posting:
Well, I've told my wife that I won a prize in this on-line contest and she asked what it was.

"A model", I told her.

"You can keep if if its a box of plastic and not a person"   ::)
You made my day! :D ;D :D

Otherwise a nice joke will match:
"Which is the most expensive Barbie doll? The divorced Barbie, Ken's car and house are included." 8)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline eclarson

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2019, 08:30:48 AM »
My prize arrived today too!  A lovely Roden 1/32 Pfalz D.III.  Thank you Dave and Roden!

I'm thinking it will be an appropriate subject for next year's Group Build (assuming there is one).

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2019, 01:06:17 AM »
Many thanks Dave and Roden from me too - a very nice SPAD VII :)
A long time since I've seen this, in fact it was my very first 1:32 model, and there are so many ways in which I could improve on it now; when I get round to it I quite fancy doing it as Pinsard's all black machine...

Cheers, very pleased,
Mark