Author Topic: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition  (Read 18180 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2019, 10:48:42 AM »
My prize, a Ninak kit, arrived at the house today with a congratulatory note from the man himself, Mr. Alexander.

Thanks again to Dave, the judges, and all the sponsors.

Ken M.

Offline aliluke

Re: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2019, 04:04:25 PM »
I have received a Roden SE 5a. It looks like a really great kit! Thanks Dave, judges and thanks Roden and all the other sponsors. I really enjoyed being part of the group build and winning a prize at all was a big surprise!

Cheers
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2019, 06:54:07 AM »
Today I received a parcel from Australia containing a Roden Albatros D III, which I really love. Many many Thanks to Roden and Dave! I t was a great joy to be part of this group build.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2019, 11:23:26 AM »
Postman really made my day , Roden's SSW D.III was inside the package  :)

Thank you Dave for organizing and setting up the GB . Roden for a great kit and Judges for an impossible task going through the builds .

Terri  :) ;) :) :) ;) ;) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2019, 12:59:57 PM »
Hey Terri, Hannants still has Bren Gun Brass PE sets for it (I got one recently) and it's worth the price for the "chin' engine panel alone, highly recommended and I know you have a particular interest in this aircraft. Some photos of the results that survived the "Photo Bucket Purge" here:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=6768.0

Hannants order info here, "Ya know ya gotta have it!"

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BRL32014

Congratulations on your win!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2019, 11:19:42 PM »
Hey Lance , I'm well head of you on this  ;) When I first heard the news from Dave I went and placed an order with Ultracast and pick up a set of Gaspatch guns and RB seatbelts . Already have the Bren PE set  ;) as well as Aviattic lozenge  :) . I just need to find a scheme for her now .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2019, 11:26:36 PM »
I'm looking forward to another SSW, Terri.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2019, 12:14:51 AM »
Hey Lance , I'm well head of you on this  ;) When I first heard the news from Dave I went and placed an order with Ultracast and pick up a set of Gaspatch guns and RB seatbelts . Already have the Bren PE set  ;) as well as Aviattic lozenge  :) . I just need to find a scheme for her now .

Terri

Silly me, I should have known! Looking to forward to seeing what you do with this Kit. It is a bit of a "bear" at times but overall a really fun Build.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2019, 12:28:39 AM »
Hey Terri, Hannants still has Bren Gun Brass PE sets for it (I got one recently) and it's worth the price for the "chin' engine panel alone, highly recommended and I know you have a particular interest in this aircraft. Some photos of the results that survived the "Photo Bucket Purge" here:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=6768.0

Hannants order info here, "Ya know ya gotta have it!"

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BRL32014

Congratulations on your win!
Cheers,
Lance

Thanks for the Bren Gun order info Lance. I had done a search a few weeks ago and couldn't find one. Now just need to get SWMBO to OK the purchase  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Today I have received the parcel from Australia. My Des Memory GB prizes have arrived!!! Thank you, Dave, for careful packing and describing the contents so that the visit at the customs was avoided!

As you see I was given Roden's Nupe 24bis and, above all, a model which touched my heart very much. It is A-model Nupe 11 but the make is not so important. What matters most is that it is the kit coming directly from the stash Des was building from. To know that this kit was meant by Him to be built and that He was touching it, makes me feel as if Des was still somewhere here. I feel His spirit around me... I will certainly try to build this kit, to honour our Mentor.

Once again, thank you Dave for making that GB happen. And I hope we will have subsequent editions thereof.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Monty

Amazing lovely prizes... and Congratulations to the Winners! I see your prizes will result in amazing blogs for us mere mortals! All The Best, Marc.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
I have just received the last but not least part of my GB prize. Many thanks to Alex for granting me this lovely piece of his work. Very much appreciated!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline rlrimell

Hi Guys,

Pleased to be associated with both tightly-fought contests-it was not an easy judging task thanks to the high bar set by all the entrants..Well done all those

who participated and let's hope we can do it all again another time! :)

Cheers,

Ray R.

Offline jknaus

Congrats to all. Inspiring work you've all done.
James