Author Topic: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition  (Read 18170 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Re: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 05:44:05 AM »
Hi all,
With such elite modellers on the forum I feel honoured to have been awarded for my model.
Many congratulations to all of the members who received awards and to ALL of those who took part.
Also many thanks to our judges for what must have been a difficult and time consuming task and to the sponsors for providing the prizes.
Finally thanks to ALL forum members throughout the various builds for their encouraging comments , which were both kind and constructive.
It's what drives us all on to better things,

Mike 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:15:44 AM by Mike 'Sandbagger' Norris »

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline gbrivio

Re: Announcing the winners of the Des Delatorre Memorial Group Build competition
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 06:44:00 AM »
Congratulations to the winners, who very well deserve this recognition on their works.
As a side comment, the judge's chioce fits perfectly to my personal taste and I beleve most of us share this same feeling.
Thank all of you.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline ermeio

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 02:51:26 PM »
Congratulations
And thanks to Dave, the judges and the sponsors for organizing the memorial
And to Des for this forum,  that made it possible

Offline Edo

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 03:05:31 PM »
well deserved, friends!
those models are really a stunner....
and a big thank you to Dave, the judges and the sponsor.
as for me, it has been an honour to be part of this very particular group build!
ciao
edo

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 03:38:34 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners and the participants of this great memorial contest.
Thanks to all the sponsors and the judges.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Proper Plane

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 05:09:07 PM »
Congratulations to all winners!
You have built a very nice models and we will support you in it in future!

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 07:18:19 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners! Excellent models  :D

It was an honour  to partecipate in this GB for Des.

Thanks!

Andrew

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 10:17:23 PM »
Prze!
Goodies on their way to you!

;) 8) :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 11:23:01 PM »
Prze!
Goodies on their way to you!

;) 8) :)

Many thanks Bob. That is a blitz quick service.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 01:00:14 AM »
The pleasure is all mine.
I'm just happy to be part of this wonderful tribute to Des.

Cheers,
Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 02:15:18 AM »
I wish to add my congratulations to all of the winners - spectacular models of the very highest standards. It was an honour to compete with you all - even though I could not get mine finished on time!

Thanks to Dave for organising this event - a real tribute to Des who of course was a master modeller but also a very patient teacher and respecter of modellers of all standards. Thanks too to the judges - I am just pleased that it was you and not me who had to make the decisions!

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 04:01:31 AM »
    I'll add my congratulations to the winners as well and also Thanks to all who participated, what a fitting gesture to Des and Adrienne. It was a great honor to serve on the Judging Team and I was completely in awe of the quality of modelling that was presented, choosing winners was an enormous challenge in the face of such incredible work. Well done each and every one of you! 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 11:06:09 AM »
Several people have asked me when the next Group Build will be run and the honest answer is - not yet! These events take a lot of organising and they don't finish when winners are announced.

Here's a peek at my table today with a stack of posting boxes being filled with Roden prize kits to be dispatched around the world to GB winners.

These kits are heading for Germany, Poland, USA, UK, Canada and NZ which emphasises just how international our forum has become.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »
Congratulations to all the well deserved winners! And thanks Dave - a Herculean effort and very much appreciated! Des would be thrilled. And for what it’s worth I will finish my entry! Cheers Matt

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 08:02:59 AM »
Well, I've told my wife that I won a prize in this on-line contest and she asked what it was.

"A model", I told her.

"You can keep if if its a box of plastic and not a person"   ::)